a quick 1 night out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Lighting a fire on someone else's property if you do not have permission is always going to be problematic and certainly not the way to go. Even the use of a Kelly Kettle or Hobo Stove could be seen in the wrong light, as both of those potentially involve theft.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
I did have the land owners permission to be where i was .and i have permission to light a fire. Which is more than can be said for the people with the 4x4

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

youngbushcrafter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Scotland
I live in Scotland, and i heard that you do not need permission to light fires as long as you do not damage the land and 'leave no trace' is this the case?

youngbushcrafter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Scotland
I live in Scotland, and i heard that you do not need permission to light fires as long as you do not damage the land and 'leave no trace' is this the case?

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I did have the land owners permission to be where i was .and i have permission to light a fire. Which is more than can be said for the people with the 4x4

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

My apologies. It's just that I see rather too much evidence of indiscrimate fire lighting and barbecues on the urban fringes, with the usual residue of discarded beer cans.

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
About two years ago a similar thing happened to me when I was out on Dartmoor in the middle of April, I was wild camping for two nights on my first stop over all seemed fine, set up camp late around dusk, at around 22:00hrs. I could see torches flashing around in the dark and coming my way at around 50-60metres away they stopped and seemed to settle down, not knowing who they were I was also alone and felt as though anything could happen so I stayed put for a while and slowly and quietly packed up and moved out into a nearby woodland area which I knew well, the next day I was going back the way I came to find that traps had been laid, so I reacon they were poachers so I'm glad I moved out when I did, got to admit I was quite nervous when I was moving out under the cover of darkness just in case they had seen me and maybe thought I was spying on them......

Shingsowa

Forager
Sep 27, 2007
Ruthin, North Wales
Found evidence of mildly dodgy activity in the woods next to the site we regularly use this afternoon:
5acf8c84-0e90-dbe7.jpg
Looks like a 9mm shotshell. Four or five in one spot, all on FC land. Glad I wasn't under a tarp and snoring away when they were firing into the undergrowth...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.054813,-3.404677

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE