A question about spiders and their diets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I know this isn't exactly bushcraft related, but short of joining yet another forum it's the best place I have to ask. (I dunno where I'd start looking for such info either.)

Do spiders tend to be picky about what they eat?

On my allotment there are a few Brussels sprouts that my neighbour had planted before before he gave up this side of the plot. They are infested with whitefly (as mentioned on my blog... plug plug plug) and I've been thinking about capturing a few spiders, taking them down there and releasing them on the plants. I expect a few on each plant would be more than enough to bring the population down a bit.

I don't want to re-home any spiders that would just turn their nose up at whitefly though (though I suppose a few being caught in webs would still be a help).

If anyone can think of particular spiders to look out for in this respect do let me know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE