A question about election voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Okay I'm a bit stumped here. When I was over here last (15 years ago) electoral registration was done by cards popped through the door which you filled out and sent back. Now I see you can register online, which I've done. So what happens next do I get a card through the post to take with me?? do I just show up on polling day??:dunno:

Clarification would be appreciated.:)

Thanks all,
Malc.

This is just a question about casting your vote nothing about which party is the best....Thanks.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I believe you get a card through the door to tell you where your 'voting station' is. You will be handed a voting slip to fill in when you turn up there on the day.

You can probably call them to confirm that you are on the register, it'll help if you have the reference that you were given when you registered online to hand.

I received my postal voting slip in the post yesterday. :)

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
You don't need a voting card in order to vote. It makes the job of the polling station clerks a bit easier but provided you're on the register they can find you on the list. And you didn't ask, but you don't have to tell the people outside the polling station who ask how you voted anything at all if you don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE