A Quality Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I spent the day in the woods, first time for a while, it was great (took picture - see "members-pics").
Did some fire lighting, gathered some wild foods and did a bit of baking. Saw several Muntjacs and an old fox in its summer coat passed less than 20ft away. The rain held off, breaking just as I got back to the car.
Did anyone else have a quality day today?
Neil1

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Top day by the sound of it :) It never fails to amaze me how I manage to enjoy myself when I'm alone poodling about in the woods.Pleased to hear I'm definately not the only person who can enjoy the solitude :wink:

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
I wasn't asking to pinch your spot :-D just I'm trying to keep track of where muntjac are!
Alot of people say they aren't in Devon & Cornwall. I've never seen any myself in the wild. But apparantly my neighbours house is next to a trail for a red buck, and a muntjac family. It was the first I heard of red deer down here. There are loads of woods surrounding us, but they are all for shoots, so little chance of going to find them :(

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
Ive seen a huge red stag cross the road near my mates house many a time, just north of launceston. Are red deer not very common down here? I dont think ive seen them anywhere else in the region either, other than deer farms.

cheers gb

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
between ladycross and boyton. i have a mate who lives out that way so i drive along that road quite alot. loads of roe in the woods around boyton aswell

cheers gb

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE