A proper bushcraft Knife :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Try doing that with a 4" bushcraft knife.
What I found most impressive, was how he sheaths his blade, without looking! I like how he keeps stripping or cleaning.
The Samurai would carry smaller knives as well. This is a Katana , the next one down is a Wakisaki followed, by the Tanto. They often carried little daggers aswell.
The environment dictated their use, you don't use a long sword indoors, nor a dagger for firecraft. Like the leaku/pukko combo.
Really enjoyed that thanks for posting it.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Also remember it's hollow fresh bamboo he's cutting, not sapplings, so a bit easier, especially with a blade like that.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I use an Aitor bolo machete 18" for going off trail in the summer, in fact sometimes I need it to clear the trails from New growth.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Hah! I'd like to see him carve a spoon with that!

Impressive, certainly; but what was he going to do with all the bits of bamboo he'd chopped up?

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Wow thats impressive, what a blade! It literally slides through it, however I do agree it is green bamboo so a slight advantage, yet still massively impressive!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE