a post imaginatively named hello all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
first off, hi.

secondly, this isn't my first post (what a naughty boy), but here it is:

"i was also there, i was one of the jugglers. had a chat to the guys, it'd taken them 6 days from the top end of skye to get down to crieff. this is also my first post on the site and i'm now going off to dunkeld to see what's edible in the woods."

and i guess as a follow up i should say that we found some hedgehog fungus, which i'd not had before. a few of them had some small worms in but we broke the mushrooms into pieces, as we cleaned off the spines, and dropped them in a bowl of water. the worms came out and sank to the bottom leaving us free to scoop our cleaned mushrooms from the top. i've seen some eastern european friends of mine do this before. blanched the mushrooms and had some fried with a bit of onion and some poached with onion in a little milk, both nice but preferred mine poached.

i've been reading the 5 items or less thread, pity i've joined the site too late to take part. may when the spring comes round i'll do it anyway. other than that there's the winter camping to look forward to and i've got a couple of weaving projects to try.

duncan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE