A non bushcraft question !!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Firstly i appologise for putting this question to you all , but it has been bugging me for weeks . I simply must know the answer .
Whilst watching the box , i have noticed a high portion of adverts for impliments (of torture) that remove the hair from womens legs . I also noticed that they only ever do the lower leg . Does this mean there is a lot of women with hairy thighs ?
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Pumbaa

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
pumbaa said:
Firstly i appologise for putting this question to you all , but it has been bugging me for weeks . I simply must know the answer .
Whilst watching the box , i have noticed a high portion of adverts for impliments (of torture) that remove the hair from womens legs . I also noticed that they only ever do the lower leg . Does this mean there is a lot of women with hairy thighs ?
Pumbaa
Being married for a long time I can answer this, :rolleyes: (only with what I know of the women in my life) women remove the hair from all over their legs, more so in summer when skirts dresses and shorts are worn. So the lower leg gets close attention, the upper legs and “other” areas get attention if they will be on show, such as holidays and in bikini weather/places.
Wearing close fitting trousers tends to abrade the hair from upper thighs. :D I know it's TMI

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
pumbaa said:
Pumbaa

Scary thought :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
pumbaa said:
Pumbaa

dont worry about it mate, if you find a woman with a good heart and she has hairing legs dont take it so hard. But if you see you fellow bushcrafter buddy waxing his hair in the woods. Stay away from him, you dont know what he is trying to pull when the light goes out. :D

cheers
Abbe

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
pumbaa said:
Pumbaa

And you a married man too! :p :D

I think it's two things; firstly the lower legs are more often on show and secondly the thighs generally aren't that hairy anyway......well on women....I've just checked my husband's.....he's beginning to wonder about this site :lmao:
Seriously, leg waxing or sugaring is done on lower or upper leg or both and charged as such. Some women shave entire legs, some only do to the knee, depilatory creams are clearly labelled *avoid sensitive skin* and lets just not go there with the silkymits shall we? :eek:
Mostly, if it's on show, i.e. shorts, swimsuit, women remove the hair.
There's a whole other set of cultural and social issues that could be raised here (okay, I sat through a lecture on the Infantisation of the Fantasy of Femininity, recently :rolleyes: ) basically hairlessness = child, so why are adult females colluding with the promotion of the girl child as a sexually desireable object? :confused:
Hair removal has a very long history among humans, my menfolk are sort of hairily defined (chests and so on) and I personally like it, it's adult male to me, but I notice the recent trend towards waxed chests for men......here we go....new forum......Natural bushcraft waxing techniques :lmao: :rolleyes:
Great silliness is upon us...I'm going for mug of hot chocolate and a mince pie :)

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE