A nice day out on the water

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hi everyone,

A week or so ago I got up one morning and when I looked outside, across the loch, I couldn't resist the urge to get out on to it. Mirror finish, sun shining and not a breath of wind.. lovely. Managed to get a few pics while out, and thought I'd share them.

Water vapor gently spiraling upwards in little wisps
PIC_0699.jpg

PIC_0709.jpg

Standard SOTP shot
PIC_0705.jpg

PIC_0707.jpg

PIC_0700.jpg

PIC_0698.jpg

Not the sky, but the waters reflection.. :D lovely
PIC_0701.jpg

PIC_0712.jpg

PIC_0713.jpg

PIC_0708.jpg

PIC_0706.jpg

PIC_0703.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I liked being there taking them. I wasn't out for long and didn't really go that far, just across to the old Bernice Pier and back again.

Theres been a couple of days like that since then too, didn't get the operchancity to get out though. Fingers crossed it will be nice again soon.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Glorious!

Was the same down here this morning. A real stare out the window day at work, wishing I was...

...well, there by the looks of it. :)

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
That looks crap, the photos look crap, the place looks crap, the boat looks crap, the weather looks crap, glad I wasnt there cause it would have been... crap.
You have my comiserations for living in such a crap place with all that crap scenery on your doorstep. I'm going now.... to sob
with jealousy.

Bush Monkey

Nov 15, 2009
The Gower
That looks crap, the photos look crap, the place looks crap, the boat looks crap, the weather looks crap, glad I wasnt there cause it would have been... crap.
You have my comiserations for living in such a crap place with all that crap scenery on your doorstep. I'm going now.... to sob
with jealousy.
lol:lmao:
I wish i was there, them pics are amazing. i love canoeing its so peaceful.

bivibabe

May 5, 2009
loch eck argyll
Bah! RUBBISH!

I think I'll go away now:theyareon

Cracking pictures and a glorious place to be:D

What is the boat by the way?

Best wishes

Steve

Not sure of the make of boat, it's a mates. He most generously lets us use it when he's at work, which is quite a bit of the time.. :)

with jealousy.

I know, mate, I know. Sometimes when it's like that, I wish I was somewhere nice. But we have to suffer things like this from time to time, as my Granddad once said, "You got to have bad days to appreciate the good"

lol:lmao:
I wish i was there, them pics are amazing. i love canoeing its so peaceful.

Aye, there is something very soul soothing about just floating gently out in the middle of a big puddle and sitting, doing nothing, and the best thing about this time of year, is there is next to no one else out there. Even in busy times the loch is quiet. You don't get jet skiers like at Loch Lomand, the occasional speed boat, but thats very few and far in between, and only in the summer months. With winter chasing away the leaves from the trees, even the odd Ned ( or Chav for you folks below the border ) won't venture out. All this results in,what can only be called sheer heaven, on days like that one. Great for camping. Err.. ermm I mean no it's not. It's horrid. STAY AWAY. You'll hate it. Or if you do visit, take yer rubbish with ya and leave no trace, for those that don't know it's not only part of the National Park, it's also a SSSI due to the protected Powan that live and breed in the loch.

Even though it's been raining a lot past few days, and with the high winds, it's been not too bad, not choppy either. Ach it's a hard life sometimes.. :D

EDIT This was a public publicity post by Nagual not bivibabe.

Last edited:

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
hah, google maps reveals all. loch eck not too far north of glasgow eh. I'll be up wid a bus load of chavs directly. lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE