A new small axe ready

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi!
Did a axe ready today for a man i US the head weigth are 0,6 kg and handle are 370 mm Hope you like
Cegga
Kopiaavreadyaxes1.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pretty axe

However more importantly ....

Is that a double bit straight helve in the picture????

:)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice wedge mate. Very different shape to my wedges. 2Kg is monstrous heavy for a wedge - more than my 12" steel ones. How come its so heavy?

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi!
Have little steel over and it´s weigth 2 kg :lmao:
made a axe that look like this and it split wood nice so I did a wedge in the same shape the axe weigth 2,5 kg
Cegga
Yep, I can see it in an axe cos you swing the heavy end so a heavier head makes for a bigger impact. But a wedge stays still and you clobber it with a sledge hammer. Its the weight of the hammer head that provides the energy rather than weight of the wedge. I'm sure it will still work just fine.....just wondered why....now I know :eek:

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
As you can see from this (one of the first BR Hunters) if you use it for it's intended use and love it (like I do) it forms the most stunning patina over a few years....

DSCF9802.jpg

The man makes a mean axe and I must one day get some more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE