A new SAK and light.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
A couple of items that I've added to my daily carry.

The knife is a Victorinox Trekker that's being issued to the German military. They've added the green scales, one of which has the German Eagle and they've removed the tweezers and pick. Other than that, it has a partially serrated, one hand open and locking main blade. I understand that this type of blade can be considered a fixed blade, or illegal, so check local laws before ordering. Reamer, wire stripper, phillips head, small flathead screwdriver, large locking screwdriver, bottle opener, can opener, saw and keyring/lanyard.

The light pictured is a Dorcy Super 1 Watt LED with Luxeon bulb. Very bright for it's small size.

GermanSAK005.jpg

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I carry a Victorinox Bantam as my EDC, it goes in my left pants pocket. My Zippo lighter goes into my right pocket and I used to carry a Fisher Space Pen in there as well until it was stolen at work. It's funny because sometimes I'm teased for carrying those items around me, but being prepared is a huge advantage because hey, you never know what might happen!

I don't know as much about knives as say, Chris or Hoodoo but what I can say to you Archer is that you should definately look into convexing the edge bevels on your SAK. It's funny how a little thing like that increases edge retention tenfold.

Cheers,

Adam

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
These locking Victorinox are great. Very Strong locks.

I had one 25 years ago. Lent it to the cooks who did not realise there were locking SAKs in existence. They tried to force it closed after using it- boots and all and finally one bright spark wedged it beneath the rear wheel of a 3 tonner and moved the lorry.

Apparently it held, then "jackknifed". and still didn't shut more than 90 deg.

When I returned that night, I was so amazed at their stupidity that I didn't get angry.

I was able to straighten the locking bar late but the blade did not close the last 2mm and made holes in my trouser pockets so was retired to the shed

Jon Mawer

Forager
May 2, 2006
Taunton, Somerset
I love SAK's and would dearly like to add one of those to my collection, does anyone know where they are available over here in the UK? And the dutch version too? :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE