A morning in the forest

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Just been to a forest about an hour away from where I live now. It's rather nice there.

Just been there for a short time, but will certainly go back and spend more time there.

It's the largest mixed forest north of the Harz mountains in Germany. Google Maps link.

3102635860_e6a38ab616_o.jpg

3102635732_b30b5ee9c8_o.jpg

3101800773_30b2fb6650_o.jpg

3102635356_08ede4f51e_o.jpg

3101800519_07e719c001_o.jpg

Sorry for my crappy pics, the colours seem a bit off? My lack of skill :(

Mike

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Thanks for the feedback!

Wallenstein, I'll look into the access rights, but this is in Germany (so rule of thumb no fire and collecting stuff etc., pretty restrictive), and parts of it are also designated areas with protection from the EU habitats directive. This one:

Council Directive 92/43/EEC on the Conservation of natural habitats and of wild fauna and flora.

What a mouthful.

The local council manages it and there are also forest wardens I think.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Nice pics, I once went to stay with relative's in Switzerland, my cousin took us to a local woods,and there were fire circles ringed with rocks set out threw out the area, he told me that fire's where no problem, they also seemed to have the right to roam as we did alot of outdoors stuff whilst there,alas this was 26yrs ago things may have changed, his dad was in the national guard at the time and me and my brother where facinated when he showed us his stg 57 sig assault rifle which apparently all those serving had in the houses.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Nice pics, I once went to stay with relative's in Switzerland, my cousin took us to a local woods,and there were fire circles ringed with rocks set out threw out the area, he told me that fire's where no problem, they also seemed to have the right to roam as we did alot of outdoors stuff whilst there,alas this was 26yrs ago things may have changed, his dad was in the national guard at the time and me and my brother where facinated when he showed us his stg 57 sig assault rifle which apparently all those serving had in the houses.

Ahh Switzerland. I love the place, but the ppl there are a bit nuts :D Not as nuts as Austrians tho ;) (No offense, all in good humour!)

Germany is very crowded and you're never far away from a road or track. People everywhere. It's actually worse than in the UK I think. Scotland and parts of Wales are virtually empty after all.

So it's nicer in Germany in one way (more forests!) but worse (more restrictive, more ppl).

One thing that is nicer here is the law concerning knives. Not as crazy as UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE