A massive thank you

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2016
Garstang, Preston
Hello All,

It's Davros (The Guy on the Quad bike). I want to say a massive thank you to all my new family at the Moot!

When I booked to come to the Moot I was wondering wether or not a wheelchair and quad bike would be suitable for a challenging environment such as the Moot but you guys have really changed my perspective on a number of things and have inspired me to do more!. Thank you Wayne and the Black Knights for all your time and effort in helping us make some great bows and arrows on the course and for being such a laugh (I've never had the P taken out of me so much in all my life but at least you can take it back) ;).

Thanks to Chef and the Boys for taking care of everyone at the corner great food, drink and company awesome Days followed by Awesome nights. Thank You!!!

Thank you Tony for trusting me with the quad and for making me feel so welcome, I'll be back!!!

DAVROS

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hello and welcome to the forum Dave :)

It was a real pleasure meeting you and a delight to watch the way you embraced the whole Bushmoot. I doubt there's anyone who is going to forget your entrance to the morning meeting on your last day :lmao:

I really look forward to meeting you again next year :)

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hello All,

It's Davros (The Guy on the Quad bike). I want to say a massive thank you to all my new family at the Moot!

When I booked to come to the Moot I was wondering wether or not a wheelchair and quad bike would be suitable for a challenging environment such as the Moot but you guys have really changed my perspective on a number of things and have inspired me to do more!. Thank you Wayne and the Black Knights for all your time and effort in helping us make some great bows and arrows on the course and for being such a laugh (I've never had the P taken out of me so much in all my life but at least you can take it back) ;).

Thanks to Chef and the Boys for taking care of everyone at the corner great food, drink and company awesome Days followed by Awesome nights. Thank You!!!

Thank you Tony for trusting me with the quad and for making me feel so welcome, I'll be back!!!

DAVROS

Thank you for making this years moot so memorable. Well impressed with your efforts on the the bow making and axe course. Any time your heading this way your welcome in my woods.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thanks for being a guinea pig for my pouch workshops and making my Father so welcome.

(I have your little torch so PM me with your addy so I can send it back.)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
echoing what others said :) Good to have you aboard and glad you got stuck in! The quad bike was a stroke of genius on your part too; much easier than a hand propelled chair and so much cooler (and useful) than an electric one :D

I meant to see if you wanted to forge something while you were about, but ran out of time. At least my anvil will be the right height for you already

Apr 8, 2016
Garstang, Preston
I'm booking in for the whole event next year so I'll definitely have time to forge next year if that's OK with you? I have picked a nice piece of cocoboulou wood to make the handle for the knife you sold me which should really compliment the Damascus steel. Please tell Roy that I'm very pleased with my priest which I was able to make just before I had to leave :). I had such a blast on the quad although next year I'd like to see the dunes. Now I've found the forum I'll keep in touch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Loughborough
It was great to meet you at the moot. We're just gutted we had to leave so soon.

Thanks for making the axe and bow courses even more enjoyable, the gentle banter made the day light hearted enough to stop it dragging when we were tired.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Great to have you at the Moot Dave, I'll reply to your email in the next day or so and we'll sort out sending you the award for just being such a dude!

Apr 8, 2016
Garstang, Preston
Thank you for making this years moot so memorable. Well impressed with your efforts on the the bow making and axe course. Any time your heading this way your welcome in my woods.
Thank you for all your hard work Wayne, I might surprise you and book on one of your courses. ;-)
Am glad that you enjoyed yourself and I hope to see you there for the full Moot next year, also welcome to the forum.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
You certainly know how to impress the crowd and made a big impression on many.
I will be suggesting the quad option to some of the guys I work with - I think it may answer some of their needs too (though I might impress the idea of "not scary riding" on them.....:)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Thanks Dave, Sam loved being chased by you in the wheel chair and the award was well placed. Might need better tyres on the quad next year! :lmao:

Apr 8, 2016
Garstang, Preston
Thanks Dave, Sam loved being chased by you in the wheel chair and the award was well placed. Might need better tyres on the quad next year! :lmao:
I had the best time, I felt like a kid again, what an awesome place and everyone there are just fantastic, give Sam a great big hug from me x

Apr 8, 2016
Garstang, Preston
Hello and welcome!
You certainly know how to impress the crowd and made a big impression on many.
I will be suggesting the quad option to some of the guys I work with - I think it may answer some of their needs too (though I might impress the idea of "not scary riding" on them.....:)
Mr Fenna it was a pleasure to meet you, normally I'm fairly quiet around people when I first meet them but everyone at the Moot are just so welcoming that it's more like chilling with family so I couldn't help but show off a bit. And getting an award for being a crazy dude on a quad bike was just MAGIC! We're going to have some serious fun next year! See you then mate. D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mr Fenna it was a pleasure to meet you, normally I'm fairly quiet around people when I first meet them but everyone at the Moot are just so welcoming that it's more like chilling with family so I couldn't help but show off a bit. And getting an award for being a crazy dude on a quad bike was just MAGIC! We're going to have some serious fun next year! See you then mate. D

Oh yes!/it will take wild horses to stop me coming :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE