A lovely gift from Magentus! + pic's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
A few weeks ago I asked about a genuine British army pocket knife, the one without the marlin spike or lock.

I had looked around for some time to try and find one but they all seemed to have locking blades and/or spikes.

After asking about them on here..http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70855&page=11 , I got a message from a member here called Magentus.

He said he had a knife like the one I was looking for and asked me if I wanted to trade it as he hadn't used it much lately.

only being able to offer things that weren't of much use to him he so very generously offered to give me the knife as he'd like it to go to someone who'd use it it more. Not only that but he also put in a ceramic sharpening rod to go with the knife!

I can't say thank you enough to the chap but hopefully his kindness can be recognised better like this, so thank you Magentus for such a great knife.

Now I've had the knife for some weeks now and I think it's fantastic, it's been in my pocket and put to use everyday! It has a sturdy and sharp singular blade, monster can opener and a flat head screw driver on the top that I've used to open dozens of packets and boxes with ease. An all metal slim line design that is perfect for a pocket and a good weight so you know it's still in there! The knife is also 60 years old and still going strong! a genuine army knife that has alot of history.

It has also replaced my previous edc (victorinox huntsman) and see much more use on everything other than trimming my moustache.. ;)

here are some pic's..

DSCF1551.jpg

DSCF1567.jpg

DSCF1560.jpg

DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1565.jpg

The blade is nearly twice as thick as that of the sak and the body of the knife is half as thick. The can opener is a beast that outcuts the measly one on the sak by a mile!
The ceramic rodis also very handy and keeps a fine edge on my knives!

I'm a happy chappy and Magentus is a great person!

Thanks for reading. :)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
well done gents, glad to see that things in the world are not always so bad, especialy here in our little group....

regards to all...

chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE