A Little competition (Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Hi folks,

Enjoyed this competition very much, thanks for putting it together.

When I first looked I managed to ID all but no7 which I thought was a type of Potentilla, I then saw that folks had called it Silverweed 'Argentina anserina' which I thought odd. So out came my copy of Wild Flowers of Britain and Northern Europe (4th edition) by Fitter, Fitter and Blamey, and looked it up as Silverweed Cinquefoil 'Potentilla anserina'. Off to google, or more precisely Wikipedia and it turns out it was re-classified in the 1990's. I wonder why they felt the need to mess about like this.

I suspect other plants have also been re-classified and makes my book out of date. Ah well, at least I know. So that's another book on the xmas list then.

Thanks again Matthew.

Cheers

Al

Hi folks,

Enjoyed this competition very much, thanks for putting it together.

When I first looked I managed to ID all but no7 which I thought was a type of Potentilla, I then saw that folks had called it Silverweed 'Argentina anserina' which I thought odd. So out came my copy of Wild Flowers of Britain and Northern Europe (4th edition) by Fitter, Fitter and Blamey, and looked it up as Silverweed Cinquefoil 'Potentilla anserina'. Off to google, or more precisely Wikipedia and it turns out it was re-classified in the 1990's. I wonder why they felt the need to mess about like this.

I suspect other plants have also been re-classified and makes my book out of date. Ah well, at least I know. So that's another book on the xmas list then.

Thanks again Matthew.

Cheers

Al
no probs ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE