A little bit political but ! What’s you view

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Its refreshing see someone with an ounce of common sense with a more pragmatic approach being allowed to speak at these events for once.
Usually it’s white noise, guff and hot air expelled by some clueless, painfully middle-class whining mouth piece whom values “feelings“ above all else without any experience of the real world and how it works.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
THAT particular speakers heritage is Russian.

The sentence about ' Does he have a clue how remote from a Guatemalan farmer standing in the rain trying to feed his family he is?" had me in smiles. America is an interesting place.
And the Royal Family traces from George 1 from where?
‘America’ proper includes our northern friends Canada, the Caribbean, Central and South America. I even upset a 1/64 Winnebago injun reminding Hawaiians were NA too. Deflating HER ethnocentricity. I’m from the United States, though Texans are problematical.
I possess a dinner suit/ tuxedo. I am taking part in a annual census of the homeless . Btdt and know where to look and talk. My shift is the evening. I’m torn between the platinum and mop studs

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Still some interesting points even in a short 8 minutes
The poor are more concerned on feeding their families, very true
India china brazil, here all the poor want a better life for their families what family in the world doesn’t.
Hence the Amazon forest disappearing
What parent doesn’t want the best for their children
Also like the wests Industrial Age the brains/engineers/scientists are the world changers and our future. Just take a look at an electric car, they were useless ten years ago battery size, distance travelled etc.
So what’s to stop others improving cleaner and more efficient power. It can start in the universities to improve the energy systems not just in protesting about it.

In all it’s a video that got me interested

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
India china brazil, here all the poor want a better life for their families what family in the world doesn’t.
Also like the wests Industrial Age the brains/engineers/scientists are the world changers and our future. Just take a look at an electric car, they were useless ten years ago battery size, distance travelled etc.
So what’s to stop others improving cleaner and more efficient power. It can start in the universities to improve the energy systems not just in protesting about it.

Depends on the knock on effect to the environment in other countries that have to produce the raw resources.

I'm still not sold on Electric cars being a true Green tech when you look deeper into it.

Time we all got our Horses back. :)

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Me too, especially having to provide all the extra electricity to power them. I really meant the progress made in those 10 years. Pity there was not just one fuel we could use for aircraft, cars and boats that was cleaner than diesel/petrol.

Reactions: TeeDee

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Depends on the knock on effect to the environment in other countries that have to produce the raw resources.

I'm still not sold on Electric cars being a true Green tech when you look deeper into it.

Time we all got our Horses back. :)
Agreed, but going to throw in the brilliant turn of the 20th century idea, hot-bulb engines.

The hot bulb tractors were a bit rough to drive but for their reliability with one big cylinder and no electrical equipment means there is little to go wrong. And best of all that they burn almost any liquid fuel including diesel, paraffin, old sump oil or even a mixture of fuels.....the one my great grandfather had ran off animal fats / dipping with a bit of paraffin.

Unfortunately, by the time I got to driving the farm tractors all the 1910 - 1930 tractors were gone, but I managed to drive a hot bulb at a ploughing match and was great fun, it ran off old chip shop oil :)

Now going back to the video, I liked the frank straightforward talk in relation to the fact that most parents would do anything to help and safeguard their children

Last edited:
Reactions: FerlasDave

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California

Amazon is disappearing because of A cheap beef grazing that lasts maybe two seasons on a clearcut B
Logging C mining including gold with mercury poisoning the rivers.
The native peoples land rights are ignored at the point of guns. The poor in Brazil live in utter squalid shanty towns in the big cities subject to periodic police sweeps again. At the point of guns that go off. Bolsanaro is hiding out in Florida, Lula is back and there is hope.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
There's a lot of preconceptions about South America especially from people who've never been there from Europe or North America. Not accusing anyone just pointing out that there's a lot of positives.

I'm a cyclist as well as other things and Colombia has been supplying European pro teams with some of the best gt climbers ever! At least once a month the main highway running through Bogota gets shut down so families can cycle and walk across the city to meet family and generally get out. Bus drivers get trained to be aware of cyclists and many other positives. More enlightened in some ways than the UK!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE