A History of Ancient Britain - Neil Oliver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Just wanted to recommend this book if you're interested in the ancient history of Britain.
I really enjoyed it. Neil Oliver is a very intelligent man and he puts it all across in his unique style. If you've watched any of his programmes on TV you can imagine his dark yet enthusiastic voice as you read the book.
Spanning thousands of years from the end of the ice age (circa 10'000 - 12'000 years ago) through the copper, bronze and Iron age onto the Romans it's a potted history but full of very interesting information. Nice one Mr Oliver. An excellent read.

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
added to my wish-list - the only down-point of which is its throwing up other suggested purchases, many of which are also very tempting :bluThinki

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Whole family quite enjoyed the series. I dont get the belstaff fad though. Look its another bbc presenter....whats he wearing....another belstaff jacket!

[video=youtube;LekBYvoLCBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8qzW5bkqnk&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL06B4FE4A9D311879[/video]

Last edited:

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Wasn't he the presenter that spoke of an economic crash at the end of the Bronze Age? Couldn't work out what he was on about as he implied that there was a gap between the use of bronze and that of iron which was impossible. Either bad editing of the programme or some researcher hadn't done their homework. Perhaps the book clears up this oddity.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
i think Neils knowledge is great and love his tv shows but purely because i can never stop laughing. he always looms out of naehwere tae offer up a snippet of facts. my theory is that a camera crew are paid tae go intae some old ruins and hunt down this raving lunatic, if they find him he rewards their efforts with some history before dissappearing back intae the mist...or atleast off camera. so the show ends and i realise its all gone in one ear and out the other whilst iv been laughing at Neil walking around the camera and intae the distance :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE