A hike through the fog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I am going out to take some pics in the morning, this got me to thinking about a hike I took last winter and I thought I would post the pictures from that hike..., this is how I earned my "nick-name"

I went up on top of Walden's Ridge and went hiking, along the way I passed by Davis pond and couldn't resist these shots.
PICT0040.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0038-1.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

I found someones bush fishing pole
PICT0017.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

one lone cattail on the edge of the pond
PICT0016.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

Here I found the remains of an unfortunate turtle...., wonder what ate it.
PICT0015.jpg

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I think he's referring to the file numbers which you can read by right clicking and going to the properties tag.

As for the date stamps, these are a personal choice I suppose, I think they spoil some pictures but some people like them because they make it easy to tell when they were taken.

I usually just rely on the file metadata that is recorded by the camera which contains the date but is invisible on the picture.

Good pictures though, looks like a nice trip out.

Oh..., in that case #19 is one of my favorites too.

I have thought about taking the date stamp off of some, I need to see if there is a way I can copy some onto the camera's file folder and save some both with and without the date stamp as I mainly use these pics to try to chronicle changes in the area and have only recently started taking pics with a more artistic purpose.

Thank you, I love that area, I have some sunset pics from there somewhere.....,I think on a travel drive..., I'm still looking. One night I camped out there and was walked up on by five does and a buck headed to get a drink..., but I hadn't set the camera to silent yet and when it beeped they all scattered too quickly to catch.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Wayland has interpreted the detail of my post correctly. By #19 I was referring to the sixth photo you posted.

Basically, as I replied in the PM, I think the date stamp draws the eye to the date stamp, rather than the intended focus of the photograph.

It was only a point of view though. If you use the date stamp for your chronological records that's absolutely fine. In fact, they're your photos, you can do what you like! I was just posting an opinion. :D

Thank you, I spend a lot of time there..., whenever I get the chance. Here is a picture from the same angle as that #19 but at sunset on a clear Winter day.
PICT0424.jpg

This is from the same series shot from a slightly different angle. Where the sun is setting is where the deer come to drink every night there are always tracks there
PICT0419.jpg

It was very cold that night, it was when I was out gathering fatwood and taking Winter pictures. This is the fire I built to warm up by.
PICT0436.jpg

and this is how it looked with the camera set on night time. The wind was really up and the windchill was around -32 c
PICT0442.jpg

these are some of the tracks I've found around the pond.....
PICT0380.jpg

PICT0381.jpg

This is the view looking back from the other side taken on a rainy Summer afternoon
PICT0071.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE