A hike along Walden's Ridge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I took my oldest daughter on a hike through a section of the Cumberland trail on Walden's Ridge on the first day of September.

Here we're at the hiker sign in
Sarahatthesignin.jpg

It is a beautiful trail in
PICT0371.jpg

Sarahonthemoss.jpg

Sarahandalargerock.jpg

and the hickory nuts were already falling
PICT0371-1.jpg

PICT0342-1.jpg

there were several deciduous Hollies along the trail also
PICT0404.jpg

PICT0406.jpg

We even found a few muscadines
PICT0410.jpg

The were several types of fungi still growing as it was still pretty warm
PICT0334.jpg

There are some nice bluffs along the trail, here Sarah is sitting on a rock offset from the bluff there is a stair that passes between the rocks
PICT0463.jpg

anotherfav.jpg

Here is the stair between the rocks
Sarahonthestairs.jpg

and Sara at the bottom of the stair and climbing around on the rocks
Sarahatthefootofthestairs.jpg

Sarahontherocks.jpg

the stair leads down to the Indian Rock House
afav-1.jpg

which is a large over-hanging shelter rock
Sarahatthefirepit.jpg

It's one of our favorite areas to hike in

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Great photo's Nice to see young un's enjoying the countryside too. Where i live they ll just sit on Xboxes and PS3's all day, I'll have to take a trip up there, it looks amazing
:)

***EDIT*** Or not !! I thought this was in Cumberland UK till I googled it and found it's in the USA LOL :D

"I thought this was in Cumberland UK "

LOL I thought that too :11doh:

Thank you all for the compliments, I'm glad you enjoy the photos. I am sorry about the confusion it's just that I love all the photos of the areas and lochs over there and so wish I could visit them some day..., so I thought I'd share some of my favorites from over here.

A lot of the kids here will spend their whole lives "wired" to games as well, I am glad Sarah, while she does play some, would rather be drawing, hiking, reading, or playing her flute. I took her on a hike to Rainbow Lke in another area of Walden's Ridge and got her to get up on a large rock to play her flute for me while I walked around the area taking pictures. I'm about to post that hike also as it is her favorite place to go hiking..., it's in the U.S. as well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE