A Highland Haven.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Enjoy. :)Captures the appeal of the Highlands & Loch Maree.

[video=youtube;8xbQEKE4aO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xbQEKE4aO0[/video]

Watch in Hi-Def.

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Gorgeous film. I love Fergus, and Hatherley and the other cameramen are excellent too. My heart was in my mouth with the young eagle, fearing he might make a mistake and land in the loch but he did well. I loved it when Fergus says, at the beginning, that the wildlife doesn't get in your face ... and there's a closeup of his face with several midges on it :lmao:

Thank you,Dave, for a lovely morning's watching - now saved on Youtube.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Really enjoyed that, thanks for posting Dave

What was the other Loch Maree thing I've seen, it has that Scottish doctor or professor presenting in, Stewart somebody or somebody Stewart maybe?

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
making scotlands landscape - iain stewart, the trees episode features loch maree

5101348207_b168e95a3d.jpg

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Cheers Dave I was ment to be in bed an hour ago , but then again well worth staying up to watch.

Craig.......

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
:welcome1:

Cant watch soaps etc. :yuck: So Im always trawling the web, looking for decent natural history programmes.

I vaguely remember watching that scottish landscape programme. But I think he was on about the caledonian canal.

mark

Forager
Dec 26, 2007
Stirlingshire
That's brilliant - a beautiful part of Scotland, not seen it before.

The midges remind me of a callout I did on Slioch many years ago for a woman with a broken ankle, I was in the control vehicle on the side of Loch Maree running the comms so no escaping the midges for me. The next day my face had swollen right up and I was feeling sick, must have had hundreds of bites on my head and face. The doctor thought I'd been in a fight or something.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
damn i cant watch youtube vids when im on the boat. Spent several summers working on and around loch maree though one of my favourite places to be, shall have to watch this when im round someones house thanks for the link

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE