A great weekend

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
It looked like we would be canceling our "mission" into the woods when the gale-force winds hit, but we set of at 5.30pm on Saturday anyway. I'm glad we did :eek:)

After a bit of dithering looking for a sheltered spot we set up the hammocks and got the fire lit; with quite good shelter from the wind & rain we were pretty comfortable - even more so when Dan cracked open the hip flask, cheers Dan.

Cloud cleared to reveal a bright harvest moon, it lit up the whole wood and the view out over the res war breathtaking. The sunrise through the foot-end of my hammock was even better.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the peeps who have given me advise on kit and techniques from this forum and cheers Dan for the excellent company.

Only downer was tripping over my tarp guy-line this morning and ripping the tarp - blood amateur :eek:)

Cheers

James

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Don't worry about tripping over tarp guy lines...this summer Ray Mears & Lars Falt visited us whilst on the Fundamentals Course.

We where on the "expedition" phase of the course and had collected water from gypsy wells and tarp run off...water was a little short in supply when Ray tripped over a guy line and kicked over both billies of water that one group had collected...they were NOT amused!

Good on you for getting out...any one can do it in good weather, it takes practice to get it right when the weather is against you!

Simon

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Sounds like a good one I was going to go but saw the forecast and did a u turn. Having just had the weekend I have I now wished I had gone. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
glad u had agood yin mate ,, i went a run on ma bike today along with a few mates , the weather was great , cold in the morning but warmed up in the afternoon, a great ride out .. got caught in some heavy rain on the road home.. brilliant day..

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
PSML Simon, surely not the hallowed Ray!!!!

At least i'm in good company then :eek:)

I forgot to take my camera :eek:( have a poor mobile phone picture taken this morning will put it up as and when.

Dan might have a better one.

Cheers

James

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sounds like a good trip :) I was out in the bivy under that same full moon, crystal clear night :D :D

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
The view over the res just before sun-up - Dan gets the credit for this pic.

Photo-0095.jpg

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah, best I could do before the phone battery carked it.

I'm not sure which was more impressive: your totally graceless tours en l'air or that I managed not to p1 55 myself laughing :lmao:

Sorry about the tarp but thanks for a great weekend, I've sent you a link if you fancy making a replacement

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE