A good saw blade?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Most of the wood you will be cutting will be crosscutting, a Raker tooth style blade is one often used for crosscutting, the rakers tooth are the double side ones, and their main function is clearing the cut from sawdust etc but these are mixed with either crosscut or Rip teeth, usually these will be crosscut teeth,
and the only difference with a "Greenwood" designated saw would be the set of the teeth and the depth of the blade, so it wont make to much contact with the wood as otherwise it will jam.
in other words, with that saw you would be good, I do advice you to treat the saw blade with Beeswax, it will help a tad with cutting but also keeps allot of the moisture away from the steel.
Hope that helps
Yours sincerely Ruud

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
As already said hard to go wrong with a bacho saw. All my bow saws are bacho and the highly regarded Laplander is made by them as well. Alternatively Silky saws are very good at removing wood fast. Although the spring steel can shatter if abused.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Most of the wood you will be cutting will be crosscutting, a Raker tooth style blade is one often used for crosscutting, the rakers tooth are the double side ones, and their main function is clearing the cut from sawdust etc but these are mixed with either crosscut or Rip teeth, usually these will be crosscut teeth,
and the only difference with a "Greenwood" designated saw would be the set of the teeth and the depth of the blade, so it wont make to much contact with the wood as otherwise it will jam.
in other words, with that saw you would be good, I do advice you to treat the saw blade with Beeswax, it will help a tad with cutting but also keeps allot of the moisture away from the steel.
Hope that helps
Yours sincerely Ruud
Thanks Ruud that really helped to explain things. Ill go with this blade then and make my buck saw in the next few weeks.
Thanks
Jacob

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
As already said hard to go wrong with a bacho saw. All my bow saws are bacho and the highly regarded Laplander is made by them as well. Alternatively Silky saws are very good at removing wood fast. Although the spring steel can shatter if abused.

Yeh bahco make some great stuff! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE