A girl that loves the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 8, 2020
the world
GgLRk7.jpg
5vL6BB.jpg

Hi everyone!
:)
my name is Meen and I'm originally from Thailand, I love to go and the forest beacause i find it very peaceful, like if all of the stress in the world, in the middle of the trees, is gone. I love building things, exploring and camping alone. I also think that when you cook in the wild the food tastes way better! I join this group to learn more about bushcraft and I wish you guys can teach me a lot :57: I also have a small youtube channel that i opened recently but I know im not very good, if u want to check it out and give me some feedback this is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcjTf7OQe4PZ6gwD1z6ERA

ARKtMU.jpg
hwCNfU.jpg
7XQqNu.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
my name is Meen and I'm originally from Thailand, I love to go and the forest beacause i find it very peaceful, like if all of the stress in the world, in the middle of the trees, is gone.

Hello.

THIS is the exact reason I go and hang out in Forests.
Quite often I'll just curl up and go to sleep on the forest floor for a few hours.

Anyway , welcome to the Forum.

Reactions: ASIANGIRLINTHEWILD

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hi Meen,
It is great to see your enthusiasm for learning bushcraft. Nice quality video too!

I just edited your last post to show your actual video. We ask folk to post embedded videos, rather than links that take people away from this site. I am sure you want people to subscribe, but posting a link that auto-subscribes people that click it (albeit with a yes/no option box) isn't the way to do it here. Just keep posting and it will happen. To that end, it might be good to start a thread somewhere else specifically for this chair. There are certain people that welcome new members in the Intro area, but there are others (more?) that look and search the dedicated sub forums. If you have a thread about making a chair it should be Google searchable, whereas in here it could get overlooked.

A separate thread might also get more people commenting on the video.
For instance, for using a bow-saw for cutting small wood, have you seen the technique where you put the saw on the ground, trap it with the blade vertical, away from you and move the wood against it? This is the best I can find...I tend to use my toes to hold it down. Small feet definitely help with smaller saws!

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE