A gadget I would gladly buy...

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
...but it doesn't exist (yet!)

I'd like - a hanging CO/smoke alarm with built in lantern, alarm clock and thermometer for use in a tent.

Where can I get something like this made?

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
There are workshops called Fab Labs all over the country now where you can tell them your invention idea and they'll help you make it.
Some of them do circuit boards so you could have something like that made.

I'm having a trip up to the Yorkshire one soon to make a folding stove on the laser cutter. http://www.centreofmanufacturingexcellence.com/fab-lab/
I'm not that sure on the costs or anything yet but apparently it's quite cheap to try and promote new British invention.

The closest one to you is probably this one http://fablabbrighton.org/

No affiliation ect.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs

I'd like - a hanging CO/smoke alarm with built in lantern, alarm clock and thermometer for use in a tent.

That sounds like great idea mate!! Especially if it was a nice yellow light with a good wide beam on it!! And of course light weight and pack able!!
All the best
Steve

Leave only footprints take only memories

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Spandit you would be shocked at some of the shields you can get off the shelf, some one just showed me one that is designed to control a watering system for the garden. I am trying to get my hands on the SMS shield one at the moment.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston

And what would you do with such a gadget?
You worry too much
A watch and a torch will suffice for those hours
Just don't use up the oxygen
It will be fine

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE