A floody wet day at home

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Just been over the Worcester / Kidderminster / Ludlow area with a photographer from an insurance company - it's incredible the amount of damage out there. In some places whole towns surrounded or even swimming in floodwater. Looks like a couple of the roads around Tewkesbury are passable with large vehicles. The number of places where there're whole lines of cars all abandoned half submerged - an AA van at one point too - and to see RIBs on town highstreets, I really had no sense of the scale of the damage until now.
Hope things improve for those affected ASAP.

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
Hope things are returning to normal for you George. We've had a bit of an experience too.Unfortunately we live(d) in a rented bungalow just outside Pershore and abandoned it on the Friday night with 18 inches of water in the lane outside.
We spent the night in the back of a friends van and then went to my parents house in Gloucester to find they had no water! Got back to the bungalow 3 days later to find we'd had 3 1/2 feet of water inside and 90% of our stuff useless but at least we still had water in the taps:)
At the moment we're living in temporary student accommodation at the local College and looking for somewhere else to rent (along with a few hundred others) but it's been a bit of a laugh and we didn't get hurt which is the main thing. Internet access is very sporadic depending who I can visit at the time but at least I saved the laptop.

Now where's my list for the insurance company........

All the very best to those who got flooded and I hope you're all back to normal very soon.

Bonzo

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Bonzo

Glad to hear you are OK mate.

We did not get the level of damage you got. Really feel for you mate.

I hope you can sort accomadation out?

We have chosen to live upstairs as the bottom floor is being gutted and as we have only recently bought the house and my wife is pregnant feel it would be better to stay here. The whole place has been steralised with some stuff I do not know but has done the job. My wife has checked it out and is happy to stay here being pregnant.

Insurance people have been great but accomadation to rent is scarce here to.

Good luck and if all your bushcraft kit is zapped I am sure I can help out.

Cheers

George

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
One thing I saw that made me really think - on the front of the Sun there was a picture of some bloke getting pulled from his 4X4 after he waded through 5-6 feet of water and struck something underwater. this was plainly just really stupid, and the guy an idiot. If you can't see where you are driving don't bother!! the amount of people driving through at 20-30 miles an hour and conking out was surprising as well. If you have to go through, make sure you drive in the middle of the road, and no more than about 10mph or else you'll flood your engine out..

He actually parked it on top of another car.

It is a local flood black spot.

Wonder how banning 4x4's is going to go now?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE