a few things I've been working on...

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I'm off to a knife show in Belgium this weekend, so I thought I would show you a few of the things that I've made to go with me :) All of the blades/axeheads have been sitting around in my workshop for sometime (about 3 years in some cases!). They are a bit more poncy than I prefer but I have enough of my normal style of work left from the summer show season. I wanted to get some nice fancy patternwelded stuff done, but Iwent and did my finger in at the wrong time :rolleyes:

Hope you like!

600g ish hatchet with a hamon. I made this head about 3 years ago but couldn't face the thought of all that grinding and polishing to bring the hamon out. I'm sure a better polish and etch would bring more activity out, but I got bored after a while
japaxe1.jpg

japaxe2.jpg

Damascus axe (450g ish). Made during some down time while teaching a couple axe making this summer
damaxe2.jpg

damaxe3.jpg

Another blade that has been around for about 2 years (maybe 3, I lose track), again left because I couldn't face grinding and polishing
gebloux20121.jpg

gebloux20122.jpg

And because the bronze shinies have been so popular at other shows this year, some new knifey pendents :)
bronzeknives.jpg

Now all I have to do is sell them all!:confused:

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
you bad man, I seriously need to have A word with you. about that Damascus axe. all very nice pieces of work you got there they will sell like hot cakes.

Doc Smithy Budd.

cheers the interceptor boy.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh dear !!! You really are horrid! :cool: Why do you have to produce axes that I like? No money right now but I do like the poncy 450gm damascus axe. But ... sigh ... I'm obviously well down in the queue :(.

Will you be at the Bushcraft Show next May (silly question!)? I'll look for you there. Have an American friend coming over then, she's likely looking for a knife too so will drag her over to your stand. Have fun in Belgium

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Crazy that you just have all this stuff lying around your lair Dave!
As usual it is all beautiful : I even like the black haft on that axe.
Should go well in Belgium !
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE