a few recent spoons.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
when i started carving spoons i had no idea the places it might take me,i carved my first when i was just a boy and took a break of a number of years and then seeing it was a cool bushcraft thing to do re kindled my skills,ime not the best by a long way but it really is a great thing to do to relax by the fire or sat in the woods,more recently i have been demonstrating spoon carving methods at various country shows and recently at steam rallies,there is a lot of interest in spoon carving at the moment and i manage to cover tool costs,the problem being i am a big fan of Dave Budd's (he of this parish) tools ! i seem to be getting a nice collection together! lol

if anyone is interested i run a spoon carving club at my place on the second saturday of the month and it is getting quite popular,drop me a pm if your near BA12 6RQ , a kettle is permanantly on the fire and the wife usually bakes some burnt offerings for the spoon gods! anyhow here a few pics of spooney stuff.

october meet:
spoon club meet october 2016 by fishfish_01, on Flickr

some spoons:

goat willow spoons . by fishfish_01, on Flickr

Birch spoon finished. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

birch spoons by fishfish_01, on Flickr

and a couple of awards from this years demonstrating:

Royal bath and west show 2016 by fishfish_01, on Flickr

a family business. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

so if you feel inspired to have a go at spoon carving,either turn up to the spoon meet ,its free,or pm me for a bit of 1 to 1 again F.O.C . there is very limeted camping for 2 tents if your interested too and a nice fire pit.

thanks for looking.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Great carvings in such a civilized setting.
Of course, I have an undisguised appreciation for carvings which show tool marks.
Possibly a couple of tools from Dave Budd would not hurt my kit at all.

forginhill

Settler
Dec 3, 2006
The Desert
Love all the pics! Spoon carving mates, fine tools, great looking spoons, fun little tykes.... You're living the good life! Thanks for sharing....

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I know what you man about your craft taking you places that you wouldn't ever have thought, but more importantly (for me anyway) are the people that it takes you to :) I've met some lovely folks on account of my work and because others have taken up a craft and want something that I have. Justin and the feral family are some of the nicest that I have met and I always enjoy being pitched nearby at shows and things. I'll have to make an excuse to come over for one of you spoon clubs some time, might have to make a couple of days of it though ;)

On the tools fetish note. I'm always more than happy to foster and nurture that addiction! Having sent that you also have a pole lathe, you'll not want to see the tools that I've got on the bench at the moment. heehee

Well done again on the prizes at the shows, very well deserved!

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
I know what you man about your craft taking you places that you wouldn't ever have thought, but more importantly (for me anyway) are the people that it takes you to :) I've met some lovely folks on account of my work and because others have taken up a craft and want something that I have. Justin and the feral family are some of the nicest that I have met and I always enjoy being pitched nearby at shows and things. I'll have to make an excuse to come over for one of you spoon clubs some time, might have to make a couple of days of it though ;)

On the tools fetish note. I'm always more than happy to foster and nurture that addiction! Having sent that you also have a pole lathe, you'll not want to see the tools that I've got on the bench at the moment. heehee

Well done again on the prizes at the shows, very well deserved!

thanks for kind words dave,the pole lathe isnt mine but i will have made one by the spring..... btw you can camp if you want dave we can have some fun and chilli........lots of chilli........

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Loving the carving but even more loving what I'm assuming is chest armour for using with a draw knife in the second picture up! Wish I'd seen that before I got the eldest to make me a big oblong of butted mail which is awaiting my right hand coming back to some sort of useful state before I back it with leather and put some straps on it.

ATB

Tom

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
thanks for the kind words folks,and please feelfree to come here for a session and a camp out,mad axe murderers need not apply!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE