A few pics from the weekend

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I hooked up with the guys north of the border for some canoe camping at the weekend, a very chilled out affair, mostly spent under the 'chute dodging the rain and chilly winds. It was good to be back up there and I hope to get a lot more in again this year, some pics ...

Landed at the beach
P1010712P.jpg

The view for the weekend, although it wasn't always as sunny as this
P1010714P.jpg

P1010715P.jpg

P1010718P.jpg

Stephen getting his camp sorted out
P1010717P.jpg

Josh's bivvy under an old Hennessy tarp I think
P1010722P.jpg

Mine up, my quilts are getting some air time after being packed for days
P1010716P.jpg

One for tartan ferret
P1010723P.jpg

I had a nice little paddle out in the setting sun
P1010721P.jpg

Looking back to camp, pre 'chute
P1010719P.jpg

P1010720P.jpg

We had a visitor in camp in the evenings
P1010725P.jpg

P1010728P.jpg

Stephens new shiny toy
P1010732P.jpg

Chris away for some sailing on day two
P1010733P.jpg

P1010735P.jpg

Stephen chilling under the 'chute
P1010738P.jpg

Big guy came back on the second night, it was too cold and wet for the third though
P1010745P.jpg

Getting brave, he actually came right under the 'chute after the other guys had gone to bed
P1010748P.jpg

P1010749P.jpg

A nice weekend despite the rain and the chill, Josh caught a nasty bug and spent most of the trip in bed, get well soon mate. We had the usual lottery of whether we'd make it back to the mainland again this morning, the winds had really picked up over night and the forecast wasn't great. Once we were all up we made the quick decision to pack and get out of dodge while we still could, there'd been a lull in the wind and we managed to get away in good time, timing it nicely before it got a bit squally again.

Looking forward to the next one lads.

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Nice looking trip, and excellent pictures. I love the 'pre chute' picture.

Is there good eating on a wallaby? Always handy when lunch comes to you...

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great pics as always :)

Millpond smooth too. I was watching the weather, it did look a bit dicey later on in the weekend.

Gutted I couldn't make this one :(

Thanks for sharing and hope Josh is better.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Looks like a great weekend!

I'm always envious of your hammock set-up whenever you post photo's of it! The TQ and UQ look very nice. are they UK Hammocks?

Matt

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice looking trip, and excellent pictures. I love the 'pre chute' picture.

Is there good eating on a wallaby? Always handy when lunch comes to you...

Thanks mate, never tried one myself but they are very tempting. I'm guessing they taste like chicken.

Great pics as always :)

Millpond smooth too. I was watching the weather, it did look a bit dicey later on in the weekend.

Gutted I couldn't make this one :(

Thanks mate, you were missed

Looks like an excellent trip Shewie, recharge the soul batteries?

Absolutely mate, much needed it was too

Looks like another great trip. Especially liked your visitor. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cheers Paul

Wallaby? Where were you?

Inchconnachan

Very nice. Not envious at all. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks mate

Looks like a great weekend!

I'm always envious of your hammock set-up whenever you post photo's of it! The TQ and UQ look very nice. are they UK Hammocks?

Matt

Thanks mate, yeah both UKHammocks winter TQ & UQ with 100g overfill each :)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow

Cheers mate. Aye, I'm fine - back in action again today.

Not my ideal outing(go somewhere lovely and throw up all over it) but was nice to be out nonetheless.
Couple of years ago my back went out on the same island - maybe it's just my spot to go and be ill, like my old cat Gypsy used to go and lie on top of the wardrobe in the hall when she wasn't well.
:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great pics Rich
I'll have t tag along one day.

You're always welcome Sam, if I know I'm taking a passenger I just need to cut down on the kit a touch :)

+1 for the kangaroo. Almost as nice as Zebra :D

You've got some big rabbits up round your way!

Cheers mate. Aye, I'm fine - back in action again today.

Not my ideal outing(go somewhere lovely and throw up all over it) but was nice to be out nonetheless.
Couple of years ago my back went out on the same island - maybe it's just my spot to go and be ill, like my old cat Gypsy used to go and lie on top of the wardrobe in the hall when she wasn't well.

Good to hear you're on the mend Josh, I wasn't sure how you'd get on with the paddle out yesterday but you did seem to come round after the lumpy bit round the point.

Cracking pics Rich, thats a fancy looking gadget of Stephens whats it run off(were does that lead connect to?)

Cheers Andy, that's Stephens BioLite, I think he had it charging his phone and Nano when I took that pic. A clever bit of kit, one day, one day.

Another great looking trip Rich nice one buddy.

Cheers Gill

Stunning location. Very jealous. The sort of place where rain makes little difference to the enjoyment, I hope.

Yep it's a lovely spot come rain or shine

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Great pics Rich, thanks for sharing :)

Cheers for the Quilt piccys too fella,:cool: I was wondering about the loft on 'em. What happened to the black one ?

Cheers captain ! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE