A few pics from the weekend

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
nice pictures, had me utterly confused with the wallaby!

Cheers Hamish, it's still pretty mad to see them even though I have plenty of times in the past. Apparently a few of them have made a bid for freedom by swimming to the mainland, Josh mentioned he'd seen their huge prints heading off across the ice when he was there for Chrimbo a few years back.

Great pics Rich, thanks for sharing :)

Cheers for the Quilt piccys too fella,:cool: I was wondering about the loft on 'em. What happened to the black one ?

Cheers captain ! :)

Cheers mate, the black one is my summer TQ, still got that :)

Did you hear the wallabies in the night at all?
When I was camping in Oz they can be bloody noisy. Sounds like heard of elephants hoping through the camp!

I heard one going through the rubbish bags and empty pans under the 'chute on the first night, I heard some odd squeaking noises like Sooty and Sweep but I think that might have been a pair of amorous swans :)

Looks amazing mate, thanks for sharing.

Cheers Dave

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Brilliant trip and photos. Really wish I could afford a canoe! I have a k2 which hasn't seen a loch in 15 years but id struggle to get my kit in it!!!

taja8yza.jpg

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
LOl, me too! wallabies in scotland..???

looks like a great trip though dude :) thanks for sharing it!

Me too,,im amazed at what i saw.........thought it was a cardboard cut-out;)
Looks like you had a great time Rich:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Brilliant trip and photos. Really wish I could afford a canoe! I have a k2 which hasn't seen a loch in 15 years but id struggle to get my kit in it!!!

taja8yza.jpg

You might be able to squeeze in your TGO kit though I reckon? There's some cheaper ways to get on the water, some good inflatable options out there or even folding noos if storage is an issue.

Very nice looking trip Shewie.

I like that camo Tarp. What is it?

P1010716P.jpg

It's the Warbonnet Superfly Dave, I think the camo pattern has been improved now so it's less blocky. Cracking bit of kit and my winter hunker down sanctum :)

LOl, me too! wallabies in scotland..???

looks like a great trip though dude :) thanks for sharing it!

Cheers Samon

Me too,,im amazed at what i saw.........thought it was a cardboard cut-out;)
Looks like you had a great time Rich:)

It's always nice to get up there Steve, it's grim in summer though

Rich ive just been reading about Stephens fancy woodburner on the bushcraft stores website, very handy bit of kit.

Carol's just been having a look at them, I think I've persuaded her to buy me one. On the proviso she can take it to work to show her design students.

Looks like a fantastic trip, great pics!

I need a canoe in my life.

Cheers mate, get one, you'll never regret it

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Rich ive just been reading about Stephens fancy woodburner on the bushcraft stores website, very handy bit of kit.

Carol's just been having a look at them, I think I've persuaded her to buy me one. On the proviso she can take it to work to show her design students.

Eek just seen the price of them, I thought they were going to be around $110, I was expecting more like £80-90 not £150

Jurassic

Dec 18, 2010
Helensburgh, Scotland
Great pics Rich, I almost feel like I was there (oh hang on.....):p Glad you all made it out okay on Monday, I was a bit worried to be honest as it was pretty wild over here. Good news you're feeling better Josh, it's never good to be ill but must be really annoying when you're away for a weekend. Great to catch up with you all again and thanks for the kind invitation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE