A different approach to axe carry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Thanks Red and everyone!! Glad everyone like it. :p

Here's another version I just finished.

293132656_9a84c1dee5_m.jpg
293132654_d15b800d6c_m.jpg
293132651_2f2e82f34e_m.jpg

singteck

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Singtech,if you do this as a hobby,I think you have missed your voccation.

Now all you need is a knife /axe comination sheath for the baldrick.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Love the ideas guys - please keep them coming

We are kicking around a "pouch / axe" on the same baldric and singteck is now working on a sheath for my long camp kinfe that will fit on the same carrying fitments...I promise to stick pictures up on here when they are ready...we already have a pouch which has a standard belt loop and the D rings for "mix and match" is anyone want to see it?

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
singteck said:

singteck

Singteck

Loving that belt loop - you could sell loads of them as a stand alone unit for GBs which used their standard masks...might ask you to knock one up for my mates Banko

Red

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Thanks guys

bushwacker bob said:
Singtech,if you do this as a hobby,I think you have missed your voccation.

Now all you need is a knife /axe comination sheath for the baldrick.

Leather work don't pay as well as my other job :D but it does keep me company while doing the other job :p

Sigh... I have more ideas then time... but having said that.... a few more will come shortly

singteck

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
singteck said:

singteck

I like your execution of that concept, very nice.

After using a leather belt loop with a steel holder make for carpenter's use with hammers and hatchets on a construction project, I started making a similar one out of nylon webbing. I used Fastex buckles to hold the axe into the loop, and another fastex buckle to allow the axe to be put onto one's belt without taking off the belt.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Thats a first class idea red. I think i can see the good old british cross belts coming back into vogue.
Some of the old american longhunter equipment uses exactly the same principles possibles pouch & powder horn on one shoulder, knife, axe and water on the other. They used broader belts of soft leather which spread the load on the shoulder more and also resisted sliding round to the front when crouching or bending down.
I wil definately be poaching this idea.

Cheers
Nick

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
British Red said:
...we already have a pouch which has a standard belt loop and the D rings for "mix and match" is anyone want to see it?

Red

Like anyone is going to say "no!"

C'mon Red, get em up here.

Ogri the trog

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
British Red said:
Love to see some piccs of that Mrostov

Yeah, I just did a semi-short move of 1200 miles across part of the country when I was right in the middle of it.

It's basically a very simple holder with a top strap to retain the axe in rough conditions. Picture what Singteck did but out of nylon with a retaining strap that goes over the top of the axe and secures on the horisontal loop with a fastex buckle.

I do like your sheath for the axe, that is nice. I have an old Norlund with a 4" bit and an 18" handle that was heavily abused before I got it. When I restore it and re-handle it I might make an axe cover similar to that one for it.

Have you ever seen the hatchet sheath Buck Knives made for their Buck 106 hatchet? It's kind of neat.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not sure if I am seeing it right so if this is a daft question please excuse me but...

Doesn't it make that slightly annoying high pitched clanking that a rack of climbing gear makes as you walk around?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
demographic,

Singtek insists on using heavy brass fittings - no noise at all. The baldric still has the slight "creak" of new leather, but its getting a saddle soaping shortly which will protect, soften and silence :D

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE