A cunning plan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its not at all far fetched

the ancient egyptians had hunting cats

I knew a farmer who trained his cat to bring home rabbits

You would need a kitten and a nearby warren, though

and possibly a run of expendible bunnies....

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
tengu, you bring me comfort and sunshine, thats marvellous news. i sometimes wonder wether we are more intellegent than the ancients or they had an intellegence we struggle to grasp and comprehend due to lack of it, if that makes sence,
If the egyptians did it then it can be done, if we ever meet up theres a drink on me for you. top drawer mate.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its all very ingenious but why dont you try the classical Greek plan and get a FERRET?

None of this foreign domestication of uncontrolable felines for them.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
You don't train cats. Cats train you.

Now kittens can be influenced as they are not yet fully developed. I trained a kitten to bring back a small ball every time I threw it. He would bring me mice too. Not one of my favorite fares though.

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
best present we ever got from our cat was a bird, he dragged it inside alive then tried to decapitate it.......

bloodspatters were 7 feet up from the floor and the wife was not amused.

id advise to try your taming experiment with a maine coon,they tend to be playfull and somewhat "doglike" and as an added bonus are one of the larger "tame" species.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Have you considered a Lemming farm?

It might take you a few years to complete their training, but once instilled in the older generation surely the parents would train their offspring to follow suit.

Don't know how you'd go about their training, but the idea is to get them to raise the next generation, then skin themselves and jump in the pot.

(Do they sell Lemming skin coats?):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE