A cunning plan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
I do not own a cat, but several of my neighbours do and ive had a cunning plan to use it to my advantage, i need to train the local cat population, to bring anything they kill to my front door instead of my owners, theres two local cats i have in mind as i know they have a murderous past, and im friendly with the owners.
Not sure how to put the plan into action but have started to make friends with the cats and currently give em the odd treat, surely if a cats killed it and its pot worthy it should be legal for me to mug the cat and cook it.
Any ideas on tricking a cat you dont own into your service most welcome.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
We currently have 2 cats and I've had at least 1 cat for the last 28 years, so here goes;

1) if you think you are going to be able to mug a cat, think again! If you can develop the ability to vault a 9 foot fence (and run along it) with a mouth full of baby bunny while being chased by me, then have a go!

2) Cats hunt because they are bored/hungry/because they can. They only drop things off at door steps because they never see their owners go hunting. And it's normally female cats that leave things for you.

Frankly you'd be better off getting your own cat and hoping that it brings you something back, or just go hunting yourself.

Chris

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
i am not saying i will succeed, i do hunt myself, but its in my nature to experiment with and test things.
Will probably come to nothing, but its going take a few months to figure that for certain.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's easy, but you need a laser pointer.
Cats are easily distracted, especialy by something that's moving. A laser pointer shining two foot in front of one will always get the cat's attention, and then's when you pounce :naughty:
I reckon it's the only thing known to man that can herd cats :D
I know a man who skinned a wren, what are you going to do with all that mouse fur?
cheers,
Toddy

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
They only drop things off at door steps because they never see their owners go hunting. And it's normally female cats that leave things for you.

Yep.. our female brings us pressies.... but only leaves us heads and tails .... she's a greedy fat thing. Before we lost our last cat (he was 19yrs old and still hunting) if one brought a mouse in, the other would fight them for it forgetting all about the mouse and leaving it to run around the house.... now he has gone, the female just eats em.

:)
Ed

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
I do not own a cat, but several of my neighbours do and ive had a cunning plan to use it to my advantage, i need to train the local cat population, to bring anything they kill to my front door instead of my owners, theres two local cats i have in mind as i know they have a murderous past, and im friendly with the owners.
Not sure how to put the plan into action but have started to make friends with the cats and currently give em the odd treat, surely if a cats killed it and its pot worthy it should be legal for me to mug the cat and cook it.
Any ideas on tricking a cat you dont own into your service most welcome.

:lmao: :lmao: This is a wind-up right:lmao: :lmao:

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
'it should be legal for me to mug the cat and cook it.'
if you can hold it down long enough, best of luck....

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
no wind up ive been making friends with muffin my neighbours cat for quite some, getting him to pop inside the house, if he wants, give him the luxury of a second home,and giving him treats, i was inspired by a paul merton program i seen a while back, he was in china (dont know if anyone seen it) anyway this chinese fisherman had trained a wader/crane type bird to bring him fish, and i thought why not with cats, stranger things have happened.

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Years ago my cat went through a stage of bringing small birds and mice to the doorstep in the morning, But now its matured it doesnt do it anymore it would hover about expecting a treat.

And yes laser pointers are great fun for dogs and cats, aim it at the wall and watch it get a concussion :)

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
your most likely right john, most my schemes are doomed, i tried to biuld a wind up cd player and wound up with a broken cd player, im waiting for my wife to "mislay" her mp3 player as we speak.
Somethings gotta work sometime

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
When I read your idea I burst out laughing.

Actually, it is not so farfetched. A cat I had ten years ago was a great hunter. He had a special door so he could come into and go out of the house as he pleased. Every morning there would be a pile of dead creatures in the middle of the livingroom floor: mice, moles, voles, frogs, grasshoppers, birds of every sort...often enough protein for a full grown man for a day.

Maybe the cat thought I was using his catch to make the catfood?

So if you could get a half dozen neighborhood cats to do this...When T**** food is food.

BTW - don't eat the cats! You want them to keep bringing in the chow!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE