A couple of unused SAKs for swap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Having recently bought a decent knife SWMBO has firmly suggested I dispose of the majority of my SAK collection, so here are the last two that are up for grabs:

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x446/paul170763/?action=view&current=SAKsforswap2.jpg

The black handled one is an old Victorinox "Trekker" which is very similar to the new soldier version but with non composite handles. It has a liner lock and is 111mm overall so not suitable for an EDC.

The silver one is a special edition Victorinox Soldier and is one of the last ones made for the USA. The blade is engraved "Last Production Run USA/1 of 5000", it also has "08" on the tang, which I am told by those is the year of manufacture. Although hit is a standard soldier in other respects it is more of a collectors item (although not of any additional monetary value than a standard version).

Both are about 3 years old but unused and as new.

I am hoping to swap one or both of them for firelighting stuff. In particular I am looking for an "old style" firesteel and a piece of flint, something like this:

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums...paul170763/?action=view&current=firesteel.jpg

But happy to consider modern type firesteels/firelighting kits as it will be for my Scouts to use this summer.

If you only want one I'll chuck in a genuine Victorinox pouch for it aswell. I'm happy to answer any questions or send photos etc.

Thanks for looking.

Usual caveat applies for over 18s only please.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Id like them, I have a john fenna dragons breath kit

and another more like a wallet pouch

what tinder do you want?

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Hiya Tengu, as I am a novice I am not sure what a John Fenna dragon's breath kit is, but if it has John's name on it's gotta be good. Charcloth would be good, as I have got hex blocks and a lot of dried moss I've collected as well. I am happy t ogo with your recommendations.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE