A couple of knifes i just finished.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I made these two knifes for a wee commission for a chap and his brother both are 4mm o1 the black one is African blackwood with matching firesteel ,The other is Bocote with matching steel.I had never used either of these woods before ,the bocote was easy enough and the Blackwood was well Difficult to say the least,any comments or criticism welcome,thanks for looking .
Picture3147-1.jpg

Picture3149.jpg

Picture3151.jpg

Picture3160-1.jpg

Picture3153.jpg

Picture3161.jpg

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Both very nice though have to agree with Shewie the Bocote has the edge for me as well, never fails to amaze me the talent on here, i would'nt even know where to start!

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Crackers both of them mate,African Blackwood for its density and natural oil protection is a reliable favourite of mine but very nice to see what Bocote looks like shaped up I have a slab in the workshop thats been awaiting maching into scales size bits so thats my evening taken care of now.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Two stunners there Gill very well done indeed ,the Bocote one jumps out at you straight away , but i had a close look at the African blackwood one and it has really nice grain to ,both stunners cant pick a fav

Jason

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Gill, fantastic job again pal. Seen them both and they handle great. The Bocote is the nicest wood I,ve ever seen on a knife. Its got a 3D effect which gives a depth to it. Put me down for one, workmanship and quality of knife is excellent.

phil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE