A commissioned sheath for myself

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Thought it was about time I made something for myself, and I was getting fed up with the plastic sheath for my old green clipper coming off my belt, so it's now got a leather case (which is in fact my first sheath). Waste not want not: I'd cut a blank for a sheath for my Laplander, but had made it a bit too small so turned it into a sheath for the clipper.

Belt loop is fixed with a sam browne stud, so I can clip it off and on easily when I'm in and out of places where a knife on the belt may be frowned upon.

Decoration is just a bit of messing around with my stamping tools.

I have to say that burnishing the edges of a sheath is a LOT easier than burnishing the edges of a belt. About 8" for the sheath as opposed to about 80" for a belt.

Thanks for looking.

Geoff

sheath_02.jpg

sheath_04.jpg

sheath_01.jpg

sheath_03.jpg

Last edited:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Thanks for the kind words, though when I look at some of the work on here (e.g. Topknot's recent basketwork stamped saw cases) I almost feel like giving up making things.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE