A Christmas Tipple

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Went for a really enjoyable wander around the local lanes/farms/fields and woods today and had a marvellous time.
But it got me thinking - Christmas is not too far off and now is the time to start getting ready. Over the last week or so I've been scrumping for crab apples, eaters and cookers as well as the odd pear or so to make some home brew cider. Have enough to make about 10 gallons worth (which is more than enough for anyone's dietary system). Blackberries around these here parts haven't been up to much, so I've missed the chance to make bramble brandy. Will probably make a start on some rhubarb vodka this weekend or next. In the next few weeks the sloes will be out. I know of three really good clumps of sloes - but one of them always gets stripped before I get there, but I know of another just outside Canterbury that no one else seems to get to.
This year has been REALLY good for hops. And the lcoal lanes and hedgerows have been laden with huge wild hops. I've already picked four buckets-worth and there's still loads left. Anyone got any good ideas for seasonal ingredients to add for different flavours?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE