A bit of practice with my new sewing toy - drawstring pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Had a great find at a car boot sale this weekend, this Singer 201k! It has few accessories with it and needs a bit of tlc but then again it was at car boot prices rather than the impressive sums they seem to fetch on eBay. Needless to say I'm very happy with my find!

Tonight I decided to give her a whirl and I'm happy to say she performs very well. Just got to get my tensions right and she delivered beautifully neat and precise rows of stitches, I need to up my skills to allow this machine to show off to its full potential.

I went for a simple pouch. I've been wanting to try one for a while as they're simple but useful. Also getting used to sewing the curves will be good practice for when I eventually make a sporran type bag.

The top edges are a bit scruffy as I don't have proper material scissors, only my rough and ready kitchen scissors! Oh well, one more thing for the shopping list!

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE