A bit of camping in Oslo ( Pic Heavy )

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Another inspirational trip.

How does the weight of the lavvu light compare to a standard Lavvu?

It that a Crusader you used as well?

Fantastic post nice one fella.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
lovely and inspiring pictures ,..

bit of a wide question Cliff but,...how did you initially go about planning such a trip?

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Well done Twodogs. Just shows what can be done with a bit of internet research and a good spirit of adventure.

Ryanair fly cheaply to several Scandinavian airports. Public transport is very good once you're there. Most folks under 45 speak some English. I think Twodogs would agree with me that it's much easier than you might think.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the comments Gents :),

Dave its a Berghaus Cyclops Roc and heres the spec on the lavvu bit cheaper over there and you get the tax back not a massive saving though ,
http://www.tamarackgroup.co.uk/acatalog/Helsport_Lavvu_Light_Tent.html

Raikey , Once I find something I want to see its loads of internet time for flights , local buses and trains , then look around the local area using Google earth to spot camp sites , book flights early , try to use visiter passes to save cash , but the main one is dont over plan that gives you some flexability plus dont try to do to much as you say its a bit vague but thats it really .
P3300162.jpg

P3300154.jpg

Twodogs

Last edited:

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
One of the first 'out and about' threads I read on this site was your trip to Norway in 2009 - your trips are still a great read and still just as inspiring.

Thanks for sharing Cliff!

Joel

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Looking inside the lavu, was that a Helsport Fjellduk spread over the bed? I was looking at one at Tamracl last week, but put it down as I wasn't sure if it was a bit over complicated...how do you rate it?

Simon

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Great post and very inspiring. I have seen several of these get on a plane & camp threads, so want to have a go at doing this sometime this summer. Thanks for sharing.

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Great post, thank you!
This is much more like what I am used to then most of the england and scotland trips commonly shown on this forum.
About the Jerven, how do you use it? Is it instead of a sleepingbag or what combo do you use? I've seen them a lot but never tried one. Also, in your previous norway adventure you praised a 5 l. Ortlieb "basin". What do/did you use it for?

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Hello Husky , Sometimes I use the jervens as a bivi bag with a lightweight bag or US poncho liners sometimes I use a bag on to top of it as you may know theres the jerven extreme avalibile now that may stop the need for another bag? .

I never used the Ortlieb "basin" on this trip but on the last one it was very usefull for water collection and of course washing ,
Heres RVOPs doing a demo,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKulMLSYLg0

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I reckon, going by the date under the lying statue, that it must be Haavard Astaabagin,the Norwegian fencer who took part in the 1972 Munich Olympics.
TD, some of those spots look ideal for fishing, you'll have to buy yerself a travel rod, nice pics.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Its threads like these that inspire me to jump on a plane :)

Already seriously considering Rovaniemi for my 40'th... Looks like Oslo's on the cards end of this year! (september)

How did you find the language barrier?

Cheers, al.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE