A bit more Saami stuff.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
OK you're probably bored of this stuff by now but I've just worked out how to post up a working link to a digital museum site that some of you may find interesting.

Go and get yourself a cup of coffee and maybe some cakes and have a look here.
13879.gif

344 pages of beautiful and interesting stuff.

Last edited:

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
lots of good stuff in there, easily searchable too for instance lapska sked gives 20 pages of nice reindeer horn spoons. Was a bit disappointed with the lack of Kåsa though not sure if there are more there under a different name.
Thanks

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
OK you're probably bored of this stuff by now / 344 pages of beautiful and interesting stuff.

I wish you'd stop doing this sort of thing, Wayland. I had things to do this morning, so I'll just have another quick look before I get out the door.

"I know, sorry sweetheart, bit of an emergency............."

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Fascinating site. Is there anything like this for the UK?

That is a very interesting question. Years ago I visited the ethnographic museum in St Petersburg. An amazing building almost on a par with the British Museum but stuffed full of the objects of daily life of ordinary Russian people. In the UK we have wonderful collections from other cultures around the globe and we also have great collections of high art produced for those right at the top of the social scale (eg half a dozen suits of armour made for Henry VIII) Where can we see the stuff of normal life for most people though?

The Weald and Downland, St Fagans and Museum of English Rural life at Reading are the best.

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
Thanks Wayland, Saami artwork is really interesting.
I wanted to etch my name into my billycan, but now I think I'll try to etch some Saami (-like) artwork too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE