A bit left field- My log cabin in Minecraft!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
My daughters mate is here at the moment and they are playing a game called Minecraft.?
I have requested a cabin in the forest and they have done me proud!
Log build, two bunks open fire, axe, gun and bow hanging on the wall, fire pit outside.
Great game ! never seen the likes!! ( we are new to this kind of thing in our family! well, I am! )
Never thought I would hear myself praising a Xbox game!
Best.

C.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
My daughters mate is here at the moment and they are playing a game called Minecraft.?
I have requested a cabin in the forest and they have done me proud!
Log build, two bunks open fire, axe, gun and bow hanging on the wall, fire pit outside.
Great game ! never seen the likes!! ( we are new to this kind of thing in our family! well, I am! )
Never thought I would hear myself praising a Xbox game!
Best.

C.

Where's the pics? :)

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
It's an open world survival game. Basically you can play it how you want. Everything you do comes from gathering resources, it's really fun! The game is becoming way more full of non realistic things and there is hostile 'mobs' in the game that give you trouble but you can turn them off, tho that's not very fun.
Lot's of people play the game, probably way more adults than kids. It can get very complex.
The guy who made the game made $101milion in 2012 alone, it's really popular! Not bad for a guy who started it all himself.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
You can buy the game for the xbox too?
That would be great news for my kids. Our internetconnection here is barely fast enough to roam through forums and look at some pics or even chat a little.
But on internet rushhours even the latter isn't possible.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I was a bit wary of it but did some googling and its a fairly safe game for littleuns. A much better way to use up 'screen time' than some other games.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
You can buy the game for the xbox too?
That would be great news for my kids. Our internetconnection here is barely fast enough to roam through forums and look at some pics or even chat a little.
But on internet rushhours even the latter isn't possible.
I thought in Sweeden you guys have crazy internet speeds!? Funny enough the game was made is Swedish.
I think the game is on xbox live arcade and you need to be connected to the internet to play those games.. i have no idea why but it's how Microsoft do it.

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
I've been a minecraft addict for over a year now and yeah the best way to describe it is as an infinite virtual lego playground.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense that us wilderness types would appreciate it for its resource-gathering, self-build aspects. A lot of people don't get it because there's no "endgame" or "mission objective". You say to them that you're just supposed to use your imagination and build whatever the hell you like and they shrug and go "what's the point in that?"

Guess the spoilt central-heating-world bourgeois just have no imagination eh. ;)

Ps. Yes pics of the cabin would be nice! I once built a whole Viking settlement with little roundhouses and a central, massive longhouse feasting hall type thing. Firepits everywhere!!!!

Last edited:

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I've been a minecraft addict for over a year now and yeah the best way to describe it is as an infinite virtual lego playground.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense that us wilderness types would appreciate it for its resource-gathering, self-build aspects. A lot of people don't get it because there's no "endgame" or "mission objective". You say to them that you're just supposed to use your imagination and build whatever the hell you like and they shrug and go "what's the point in that?"

Guess the spoilt central-heating-world bourgeois just have no imagination eh. ;)

Ps. Yes pics of the cabin would be nice! I once built a whole Viking settlement with little roundhouses and a central, massive longhouse feasting hall type thing. Firepits everywhere!!!!

As for endgame. I watched my daughter make magical portals.
Then I 'helped' her slay a dragon.
The end credits came up, so I guess we finished it. (Creative mode)

touched by nature

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
So let me get this right :confused: Its a game about going into the outdoors and doing outdoorsy stuff and you have to pay to play it!
Well what can I say! You live and learn. Just out of curiosity how much do they charge you for this privilege may I ask.

It's a couple of quid on iPad and android.

It reminds of people buying running machines for hundreds of pounds. When you can open your front door and it's free.

touched by nature

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Here are two of mine... Lol

any7apah.jpg

me5ajuvy.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE