A bit left field- My log cabin in Minecraft!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

udamiano

On a new journey
Missed out on a trick there Da

I think you're right there!

I could run virtual courses. I could include a bottle of Beck oil, that would give you the aroma of campfires while you watched a video of a real fire :cool:, and the kit includes a bow drill set, a make your own shelter out of match sticks, and vacuum packed stuff for the animal prep section, and a litre bottle of pond water, and some charcoal. :campfire:

Oh well! enjoy it folks, but not for I methinks, Ill stick to the analogue version :cool: Have fun

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
So let me get this right :confused: Its a game about going into the outdoors and doing outdoorsy stuff and you have to pay to play it!
Well what can I say! You live and learn. Just out of curiosity how much do they charge you for this privilege may I ask.

I'm struggling to deal with the concept too.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You really don't understand udamiano. You musn't send a bow drill - just a bow drill "app" where you work the bow drill by sliding your finger on the screen of your iPad.

TaigaStyle

Feb 24, 2013
Dalarna, Sweden
I have Minecraft, it's very good.

For those that don't know; it's a sandbox survival game. You're plonked into randomly generated landscapes completely made out of blocks including forests, deserts, taiga, jungle etc and can build anything you like, though you need to acquire the resources by breaking blocks in the world, ie. wood comes from cutting down trees, iron ore to be smelted is mined underground. When night comes, monsters appear, this along with the hunger bar and natural dangers is the survival aspect. You craft all the equipment you use such as axes, mining picks, shovels, swords, bows using resources you find. It's a very deep game and a lot of fun.

You'd start a typical game by harvesting resources to build a house so you'll be safe at night, then acquire food, either by hunting wild animals, farming, foraging, and then exploring/mining for the more desirable resources to make better equipment and build bigger and better things. You do need to give yourself a building project to keep at it, though the survival aspect alone is fun in itself. There is an 'objective' to the game too which I won't go into.

The whole "oh it's game about going outside and doing outdoorsy things when you could do it for real" comments confuse me a bit. The same thing could be said about almost anything on TV. Watching football rather than playing it for example. It's just entertainment.

Last edited:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I think you're right there!

I could run virtual courses. I could include a bottle of Beck oil, that would give you the aroma of campfires while you watched a video of a real fire :cool:, and the kit includes a bow drill set, a make your own shelter out of match sticks, and vacuum packed stuff for the animal prep section, and a litre bottle of pond water, and some charcoal. :campfire:

Oh well! enjoy it folks, but not for I methinks, Ill stick to the analogue version :cool: Have fun

You really don't understand udamiano. You musn't send a bow drill - just a bow drill "app" where you work the bow drill by sliding your finger on the screen of your iPad.

Because that will really help when you're lost in the woods and trying to make a fire :rolleyes:

It will. As long as Udamiano remembers to make the bow drill (& other accessories) a pay add option on to his virtual bushcraft App, then he will be able to afford titianium weave bootlaces which will make his real-life bow-drill much easier.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Mate, txting on my phone is a challenge for me!
If I could get pics up I would have posted about the cabin I have built in my garden, my axe and knife collection, my canvas packs, wool coats
and jackets, photos of my daily dog walks here on Exmoor and so much more! Lol!
Its crap that I am so crap with tech stuff!
Must sort myself out.
Minecraft does seem an inventive, fun game tho!
Glad my boy likes it.
Best.
Chris.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
It sounds great fun.

Unfortunatley I have homework, about 10K worth of gamesworkshop figs that need painting (Including a reaver titan) and innumerable craft projects.

And ebay

And I plan to rennovate my Tactical Tin Tent

And family. (I have one of those somewhere too)

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
So let me get this right :confused: Its a game about going into the outdoors and doing outdoorsy stuff and you have to pay to play it!
Well what can I say! You live and learn. Just out of curiosity how much do they charge you for this privilege may I ask.

Didn't know that you normally spend time down in your local woods digging huge mines and constructing monumental fantasy castles that reach the clouds. How did you wing that one with your county council, maybe you got a relative working for the Forestry Commission or something? ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm more of a Sims 2/3 chap myself

LogCabin-2-1.jpg

MTS2_KrazyKat81_849602_MTS22.jpg

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
im more of a real life bushcraft type of guy their should be a separate forum for the virtual bushcrafters.

Don't be a snob crowman, lol!
Its a bit of fun, if it is not interesting to you, why post?
You are online, on an internet forum, non of us are out in the woods all day every day.
Nice tractor you are on there! Can I as what it is?
Best..
Chris.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Ah... diggy diggy hole! My two kids would spend all day messing around in minecraft if I let them. Needless to say, I don't let them :)

[video=youtube;fR7EAdPUqvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR7EAdPUqvQ[/video]

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
So did I . Are you just having a bad day if so sorry to hear it but chin up crowman . I mean I recall reading 4 failed picture posts by yourself about watches Hardly BushcraftUK but who cares I bet uncle ray sometimes sits down and talks about random rubbish too . We wouldn't be sat here on laptops pcs phones and computers if we were all off the grid 24-7. No offense mate but If you don't like a post or not interested in a post just ignore it mate. All the best chin up

Paddytray .;

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
Thought you were leaving the forum?
i have tried but it wont let me all i want to do is register again with a different email adress but keep the same name , i have a new computer and new email address but cant re register with the same name and different email so i thought the easiest way would be to remove myself from the forum and start again with my new email god ive got some stick for this they even closed the thread before i had time to explain, i am sorry i have upset a few with my comments for not liking computer bushcraft games ill leave those to it and keep my thoughts to myself ,and yes drew is right its a ferguson tea 20 tractor , looks like ill have to keep the same email for on here , anyway ill get out of this thread before i upset you all again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE