A Beach shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I told you about my weekend away...I didnt have my tent (which Im very fond of; it has a nice porch.)

Instead I used my beach shelter, this one has a zip up door. (I think I used it at the last bushmoot; the bushmoot before I definatley had my blue shelter, which has no door.)

This worked well, in spite of the wet (water came in but Ill proof it) and the situation upon a coastal hill. (nice views come with a cost)

It was rather windy and tended to whip.

I wasnt fearful for its integrity, but Id sleep better if it didnt whip.

do you think adding guys would help? with domes Im normaly not bothered but if it would help.

one advantage over a 1 man tent is the fact you may sit upright in it.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Guy lines wouldn't hurt. I saw one of these in Lidl today in fact, green with a zip up door and a vent at the top of the door. Looked pretty good for somebody starting out.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Guy lines wouldn't hurt. I saw one of these in Lidl today in fact, green with a zip up door and a vent at the top of the door. Looked pretty good for somebody starting out.

Picked one up the year before last and can not fault it, dont know how much they are now i think i only paid £6.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
just a couple of guy's in an "X" over the top of the shelter should make a big difference.

make sure you bury those pegs deep though!;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE