65L or 80L pack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
IMHO you made the right choice, you can make a big bag smaller but you can't make a small bag bigger as others have said above. You might find that the extra space provides opportunity to use the pack in less 'bushy' situations as well - my LA Cerro Torre was pressed into service for grocery hauling when my car was being fixed and I had to take the bus to the shops - made an annoying task slightly less so!

Also, I find 'milspec' is, in the main, a clever marketing buzzword primarily now used by certain brands to make it sound like a pack has some grandiose ultra-durable/life-saving/female-bedding capability not on offer with other packs. Whilst there are cheap, crappy packs available on the market, my twenty year old Karrimor civvy pack puts paid to the notion that something has to be designed to survive being crapped on by a tank to be useful. Here's hoping you enjoy your new purchase, be sure to update us on how you get on with it!

hahahahaha

It's here, and so far I'm very impressed with the workmanship. Two side pockets, two sections in main compartment with side access, front pocket, bungee on the front, axe straps (meant for ice axes), sleeping bag section accessible on bottom with access into main compartment, compression straps, etc etc etc.

DSC_5509.jpg

DSC_5510.jpg

DSC_5514.jpg

DSC_5512.jpg

DSC_5511.jpg

DSC_5515.jpg

DSC_5516.jpg

Going to test it out bit this weekend on my fathers cabin property. He's got a little bit of land that is not really touched, not much, but good chance for me to try out some cold wet camping in the hammock. They'll be up in the cabin moose hunting so I can always retreat indoors.

Also got my MEC Kokanee gaiters, rain cover for the pack, and a new fleece.

DSC_5520.jpg

DSC_5517.jpg

DSC_5519.jpg

I'll be taking my camera so I'll probably take some pics and maybe some video. Going to try to focus on some bush techniques this weekend. By the looks of the weather, most likely fire husbandry in rain. May take a crack at making a bow drill if it dries up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE