54 inch Disston saw restored.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Oh wow that is an amazing saw mate, have been looking for such a saw for ages, and for only a fiver!
where did you find this beauty, marvelous job on the restoration too, looks like a very usuable saw hope you enjoy it!

Yours sincerely
Ruud

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Thanks for the kind words folks but if I can do it then anybody can!

Flea markets and carboot sales are full of saws, check the teeth and for any deep pitting and go for it! All you really need is lots of sand paper and wet and dry and patience. There's no real point , no pun intended, doing up a saw that needs sharpening, there's so many that's either never been really used or were looked after by the original owner and then put away to rust when they retired or died freshly sharpened. There's so many good ones out there there's no point messing with duff ones.

We went around 2 boots today, plenty of saws but nowt I hadn't got so I didn't get any.

Once I've made a wooden guard for the edge of the Disston I've got a good place to store it, right above my bench on a beam.

image.jpg1_zpsmi84cvob.jpg

Being paranoid ill go belt and braces on it. Big hooks and leather straps and buckles.

I've just reorganised my saws so all the normal sized ones are now safely stored in a long low wooden chest, possibly a old shell box

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE