511 Clothes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Wore nothing but 5.11 for three months in Afhganistan:

Taclite Pro trousers - much better than the standard canvas - more comfortable and easier to wash

5.11 is very popular with US contractors - if I'd grown a goatee and a beer belly and festooned myself with unnecessary weaponry I'd have fitted right in!

Good to hear about the Taclite Pro, looking at buying myself a pair shortly.

Hmm, all I'd need is some unnecessary weaponry then :)

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
I wear 5.11 for work, the trousers have lasted nearly 2 years and still going strong, highly recommended mate.
You should get plenty of wear out of them, enjoy.

Brian

caswcc

May 5, 2010
kent
got two pairs of their tactical trousers.. well tough, great pockets, re'enforced knees... got mine really cheap too, so all good...u won't go wrong with them..

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
Thinking about getting a pair or two of these 5.11 pants but i'm not sure wich one I should choose. In Portugal temperatures in Summer are frequently over 30ºC and reach the 40ºC and over mark sometimes. In the winter we have some days with below zero temperatures but not a cold weather I guess. Should I buy the taclite or the canvas pants?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have had a couple of pairs of the ripstop trousers for several years. Still going strong but getting shabby. Decided to order a couple of new pairs from Intelligent Armour based on the recommendations above. More than a week passed with no product and no communication. E-mail sent enquiring about status. No reply. Demanded a refund and got it about two weeks after the initial order was placed. Won't be using them again :(

Ordered from the place I used last time (polimil) and they were sent next day! Thats more like it :)

Gread strides though - really take a pounding!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pretty generous. I'm a 42" chest and the shirt is like a loose jacket on me (size large)

If you shoot, be sure to get the inserts for knees and elbows - worth their weight in gold when dropping to a knee or shooting prone!

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
I have another question... I'm not used to 5.11 sizes so my question is, if one pant's size is 30 on leg does it actually mean that the leg is 30 inches?

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
That'll be your inside leg measurement. This is measured the conventional way. If you wear a pair of Levis for example that have an leg of 30" then that is the same measurement that 5.11 use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE