50lb Internature American flatbow + Arrows for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
How does one work out what poundage they need for a first bow Marc ?

I'm a 5' 10" of average build but forearms like a girl

I'd guess 40-45lb would suit you well. The wee Bear last week was 50 and you looked in a hurry to let go, even when I tried to slow you down a bit.
That's usually a sign of being slightly overbowed. I'm much the same with my 60 pounder, can draw it ok but don't want to keep it there for long, 50lb is about my optimum and 45 I can hold for ages.

The other thing worth bearing in mind is that to start with you're going to want to loose arrows all day. Get too heavy a bow and you'll get knackered quick or even hurt yourself in the process. Better a lighter bow and work the muscles lightly but more often.

Stuart has a cracking 40lb'er you could huckle a shot of next time you're up I'm sure.

Sorry if this messes up a potential sale marcel. :eek:

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
I have two Samick SLB's - Both Right handed - one in 30# and one in 40#. 69" bows. Both with new strings and a string keepers and both have seen action, but are in good condition, shoot well etc. I'd be interested in swapping one of your choice for your 50# bow (I'm not so interested in the arrows, as I roll my own). PM me if you're interested.

Rich.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE