5 went mad in Fyresdal! BCUK 1st Norway trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I'd love to go at some time, for the flight do you have to put your rucksack in something or can it just go in the cargo hold with knives and all as it is?
It can go in the hold as long as the straps are all tucked in .. I got a highlander "transit bag" for mine which is like a big rucksack cover with a panel you can zip up at the front to totally enclose the rucksack - here's one :)

you need to have your knives and axe safely tucked INSIDE your pack though...

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've seen blokes in the forces eating jelly as it comes in the package from the shops to gain more energy on speed and load marches. Don't take a proper jelly wobbling on a plate though! My brother does a lot of time in Norway with his unit and his tip is to drink plenty of warm brews. If they are hot, your body thinks it is overheating and you start to sweat. Taken warm, above body temp but not scalding, it warms you through and keeps you hydrated. Dehydration is a problem because the air is dry and as you breathe out you lose moisture in your breath.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
FYI All - I forgot to add some kind of item to eat your food from (i.e. plate/mess tins etc...) Please ensure you add this to the list published earlier! (it's now been edited to include this.)

Cheers

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
When are you guys flying out there?

I'm going for a quick jolly in Oslo first (leaving my house on Monday night). But I believe everyone else will be there on Saturday.

I'm hoping to try and pick up some boots, a woolen jumper and any extra food whilst in Oslo....

Fingers crossed!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE