5-Man Arctic Ridge Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EarlyRiser

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2009
Perthshire
Ex-army heavy polycotton canvas ridge tent in excellent condition.

Complete with poles.

Double zip door. Two high-level vents (one at apex of each end). 8 Delta ground anchors for pegging out.

Zip vent with silicone flashing fitted suitable for small stove and 75mm (or larger) diameter flue pipe.

One 'A' pole is ever so slightly not quite straight ;-) This is hardly noticeable.

Heavy duty polypropylene groundsheet.

Sale includes tent, groundsheet, poles, pegs and guy lines. (not tarp or anything else featured in the photos)

£199 + postage (max £20 via UPS).

Buyer to pay PayPal fees

First to PM secures.

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Whats it pack size and weight mate ?

Re a part trade, what are you thinking, bushcrafty stuff or other ?

Any pics of inside ?

Paul

EarlyRiser

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2009
Perthshire
I've got it stored in two rubble sacks. One with the tent in is approx 52cm x 35cm x 25cm.

The longest pole is 83cm.

The poles, pegs (including 8 delta ground anchors) and groundsheet fit loosely into another bag which roughly measures 83cm x 30cm x 20cm at its widest points.

Total weight of all items is 21.5kg.

I don't have any fixed ideas about a part trade as I'd prefer the cash. However, you might have something I'd be interested in if you want to make a suggestion.

Sorry, no photos of the inside.

Cheers,

Tom

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Here's the 5-man in a full on blizzard, damn good tents...until they get wet...then they aren't too great! They aren't really suitable for this country in the wet although they are fine as you can see in the photos above for spring & summer use! But that's just my opinion based on experience!

n756626568_1316306_1317.jpg

Last edited:

EarlyRiser

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2009
Perthshire
I slept in it on approximately 12 occasions last year (Spring, Summer and Autumn) and experienced a fair bit of rain around Loch Rannoch. My experience was that it kept the rain out extremely well without becoming sodden.

BTW, great pictures of the blizzard Greg.

Cheers,

Tom

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As long as you don't touch the canvas the rain will be kept at bay, The one for sale looks practically brand new..which is good...the ones we used were your typical battered to death squaddie tents! When we used them in Dartmoor for pre-deployment training they never kept any water out!! Oh and yes they got very heavy!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE