Car-camping tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
For sale, a Vango Colorado 300 tent. Pictures all taken today (28th September).

Condition: Used, but only about half a dozen times at most. Stored dry and not used for the last 7 or 8 years. No holes in the inner or outer that I am aware of. All pieces and parts present, with original bags. Some of the elastics are showing their age and may need replacing, but a bag of spares is included. Pegs are not original but a full set of pegs will be provided. The guylines for the porch seem to be missing so I will include replacements for those.

Dimensions: Described as a 2-3 person tent, but in an emergency you could get 3 more people in the outer vestibule space, so at a pinch it could sleep 6. 2-3 in some comfort. I'm 6 feet tall and can lie flat out in both the inner tent and the vestibule without having to lie diagonally, and there is plenty of room for a person either side of me. I can sit up in the inner tent with at least a foot of headroom.

Construction: This is a tunnel-type tent, using 4 flexible poles. The tent pitches flysheet first, and the poles are colour coded to the pole sleeves to make assembly easy. Poles fit onto 'keys' attached to tension bands to ensure a tight pitch. I pitched the tent fairly sloppily on stony ground, but I would have been happy to use it as was. The inner tent suspends from the outer, and there is a separate groundsheet that fits the vestibule living space. Two additional poles allow the porch to be extentded horizontally to further increase space. There are no instructions but it is all pretty obvious if you have ever put a tent up. I managed it in about 30 minutes single-handed, including taking pictures.

Features: Velcro and zip sealed doors and ventilation windows, all of which can be secured in the open position if desired. Double zipped c-shaped door on the inner with two layers of mesh, the inner allowing light and air whilst excluding insects, the outer giving privacy. Both inner doors are double zipped. All zips are in excellent condition. 13 guying points, plus two more if the porch poles are used.

Weight: 9.5Kgs

Use: Definitely not a backpacking tent, but excellent for car-camping. I would say it is a 3 season tent, but I have seen it survive both wind and rain without any difficulties at all.

I'm looking for £75 ono for this, bearing in mind the condition of the elastics and the fact that this tent is about a decade old. Buyer to arrange postage to suit their preference (as a guideleine Parcelforce charge about £16 for up to 10kgs) or to collect from me in South Wales.

No trades please.

Pictures:
With porch up. The porch is a bit wonky because it is missing guylines, but I will provide replacements.
15194879617_1750ec3216_b.jpg

With porch rolled up and showing an 'open window'
15194746468_fc6fb1357f_b.jpg

Inside, showing the inner tent and the vestibule living space and groundsheet.
15194770888_08625441ee_b.jpg

From inside the inner tent. My feet as I am laid out flat. Also showing the two window set-ups. There is a small pocket visible to the left of shot, useful for glasses, keys, etc.
15194613099_83d214fa2f_b.jpg

The door to the inner tent, from within.
15381032712_e54827ed14_b.jpg

The pouch of spares.
15358358436_7f34ece13c_b.jpg

All the original bags.
15194753428_5c53ce941f_b.jpg

All bagged up.
15358315516_16c5a130f8_b.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE