5.11 Clothing Review

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
At risk of slight variance from topic - apologies.

Had a look at the polmil website and thought pricing - and particularly range of sizes listed for the clothing was refreshing.

Put in an order for various bits - got a call and e mail within 30 minutes to apologise that the 5.11 trousers I had ordered werent in for my size- but would be by Friday. Not a great start, but given I have the dimensions of a hideously mutated Orinoko ( sic ) ( as in the Wombles ), not a real problem. Plus sizes are one thing, but few can run a viable business stocking clothes for every freak :rolleyes:

I confirmed happy for order to go ahead - the in stock gear was with me in sunny Scotland the following day - 18 hours after hitting the order button. So on grand total of one transaction, quite impressed with them.

I will revert once I get the trousers. Interesting debate in interim.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
For some reason I managed to post the wrong web site address for Arktis Limited (http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/sharpshooter/outerjackets.htm) on page one of this thread. I also meant to say that the "Hot Climate Shirt #1030" they offer is a nice bit of kit and worth consideration. I have one in desert "choc chip" camo (don't ask!) and one in DPM that is just right for woodland summer stalking.

Cheers

M

magicaltrevor

Well I've just received the SigArms trousers from http://www.kmnw.co.uk/sigarms.htm and first impressions are very good, they're heavier weight than my Craghopper Kiwis but with a lot more pockets. I'll have to wear them over the next few days to see what I think...

Thanks Sandbender, good recommendation so far. :You_Rock_

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
I ordered 5.11 trousers, shirt and kneepads from USMC (http://www.usmcpro.com/usmcgb/indexf.php) over 4 weeks ago. So far only the knee pads have arrived...

If I'd read some of the comments about the trousers I might not have bothered. Live and learn.

I'll let you know what I think of them in due course.

Ta

Xav

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i,ve had some serious delivery probs with this mob as well ,i have just ordered a couple of items,that when the package arrived way late there was only 1 item after being told they had both in stock.no note or anything when i phoned they said they did,nt have 1 item after all they said they had put them on a back order .i asked about paying for postage twice and they reluctantly said they would pay it .that is very nice of them eh!anyway i must have a short memory because this reminded me of a couple of similar incidents a couple of years back.i think i will give them a wide berth now

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
I have a 5.11 shirt. Overall an excellent piece of kit and one that is worth the dent in the wallet. 3 things I would change though:

- Air vent on back. I dont see the point of this. If you took out the mesh you would have less material and a cooler shirt.

- Big map pockets. These are THE reason I need this shirt. But it would be great if they were 'inside' the shirt and had a zip instead of flimsy velcro.

- Pockets. Buttons not velcro.

Apart from that a perfect shirt. I also have a lightweight ripstop nylon shirt from royal robbins. Almost identical but not too hot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE