4 Days Canoe Trip - Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LumberjackDK

Jul 1, 2013
Denmark
www.youtube.com
Hey BC.UK:)

The summer is over Denmark, went on a small canoe trip with my son an good friend 'Don'.

Made a small video of the trip - Enjoy:

[video=youtube;CJ3pL9VfwTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3pL9VfwTE&list=UUxEILgHVWki_4onR8eS52ZA[/video]

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for sharing that was a great thing to watch just after waking up, makes me wanna grab my yak and head for the hills, i just need to do a rain dance first so there is a bit of water in my river

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I like where the ducks decide you are not a threat and come investigating your camp and kit

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
This is my goal when i am out in the wild, it is easiest done when alone as i just sit absolutely motionless without a fire and try to avoid looking at anything like a predator, the first things to reinvade the camp area are always the small birds who are fast fliers, then gradually more and more come closer and closer, the best ever for me being a small family (2 adults and a fawn) of roe deer came who cautiously in to explore, i was mesmerised in a bumblebee at the time that was looking for a burrow flying close to the ground, i was hypnotised by the little clouds of dust kicked up by its wings from the dust on the forest floor with his downdraughts like a little helicopter and i heard them to my left, the shock i got when i looked up i couldn't mask and they got a shock back and bolted out of my camp, i had instinctively tried to grab my camera out of my pocket, couldn't help myself, it was my first really fresh animal tracking experience opportunity, sadly my book read skills did not take me very far that time, still loads to learn there.

The vid is great, your youngun looked completely immersed, so good to see a kid not attached to a smartphone or tablet device

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That was a great vid, really enjoyed it. Looks like the youngster is learning a lot at the right time of life - good to see! Thanks for posting :)

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
Wonderful to watch. You have created so many memories, that you and your son will cherish for the rest of your lives.
it is nice to watch someone who is competent in the use of so many skills. be it with a knife, axe of bow.
I love the music.

Last edited:

Drewboy64

Feb 21, 2014
United States
Great video. I've been itching to go canoeing for a while so this was a good watch. How long did that split log fire last? I've heard those can go all night. Thanks for sharing!

LumberjackDK

Jul 1, 2013
Denmark
www.youtube.com
Great video. I've been itching to go canoeing for a while so this was a good watch. How long did that split log fire last? I've heard those can go all night. Thanks for sharing!

The Nying fire can last a least 8-16 hours - depending on log size an Wind. Great thing is there is always a good chance to start the fire in the morning, just turn the top log ad some kindle an blow a Little, new fire is born:)

Thanks to all for watching:):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE